Monday, April 26, 2004

No Surrender

That's why I don't want to give up this relationship that easy.

Because I know how it feels months after... I hate the painful and bitter adjustment of missing someone and regretting your decision to part ways with your significant other.

It happens all the time, unless you have a spare tire to keep you company, then you will never feel this sadness whenever you remember your SO.

As I have said to phanks one evening while discussing a surefire scenario if ever we break up.

First, we would both feel the freedom weeks after. Probably, I might explore again after the first three sorrowful weeks, him probably he'll just go on with his life adapting a family-oriented existence.

Then at one moment, he would remember me. Whenever he goes to places we usually go, he would feel this slight pinch in his heart, and remember the days we used to go there and eat our dinner or just stroll around. Of course, since we usually do it today, nobody would ever care to remember its significance, but once its over, everything will once again be special... ever hurtful but never be put together again.

In this kind of relationship where we almost see each other three times a week, basically our whole existence revolves around one another, especially for him. I told him one time, that if ever I'm gone, he would attempt to look for someone to replace me. Of course, he would have a hard time looking for someone close to my personality. He would surf the chat rooms, talk with guys, open the lines he used to me while I was surfing the chatroom too while looking for someone like me, but he may never find that person at all... He would keep on looking, hoping the next one would be much like me, but alas, he would end up depressed because no one would ever come close to the things I did for him.

Every now and then, he would try to make contact, hoping that I would still be there. However, probably by that time, I would have reverted back to my slutty image, always looking for hook-ups whenever I got a boner. He would try, but we may never bring back this day again.

He would get depressed and frustrated. Yet in time, he would eventually settle down with a person who somehow resembles my personality. but still he would try to look for me in his new SO, until that time comes he would start forgetting everything... probably after several attempts in relationships or after several years. Our moment would just be a part of his memory,

and it will always surface from time to time... leaving him with sadness.

Of course, this scenario would also happen to me because I felt it already. I was just fortunate enough that phanks' far more better than my previous bud... but to tell you honestly, I still remember that first one. How we met or how he is today. All I know is that, he kept on looking for someone resembling me, but he never found one.

Except for my gf, I gave my best to the relationships I have after her. I think phanks enjoys the zenith of my capacities in handling relationships... that's why I sometimes ask myself;

what would I be looking forward to, if ever this relationship fails?

and I would just end up thinking,



feeling empty.

No comments: