Inang Puno: Sino ka? Bakit ka nakatunganga sa harap ko?
Me: Ako po si Proxi, batang galing Maynila. Polluted po kasi sa amin at walang punong kasing laki at kasi ganda katulad mo. Maari siguro akong
gumawa ng palasyo sa loob ng mga ugat mo, at maging penthouse ko ang
mga dahon mo. Masaya akong tumambay malapit sayo parang nakikipagusap sakin ang mundo ng dahil sayo.
Inang Puno: Matagal na rin akong hindi nakakita ng taong katulad mo, madalas, nagpapapicture lang ang mga lumalapit sa mga ugat ko. Halina't
ipakita ko sayo ang palasyo ko. Ipikit mo ang iyong mga mata, at pakinggan ang mga huni ng kalikasan sa paligid mo....
----
We left home at noon, even though I had only several hours sleep coming from Bed.
Mom asked me the previous day if I could accompany her to Novaliches. She's gonna attend a function at a Seminary somewhere there.
And so the journey began.
Since mom told me that the Novitiate is in Novaliches, I decided to traverse Mindanao Ave going through Quirino Highway. It was a cloudy afternoon, and being the navigator, I was doing poorly in finding our direction.
It was my first time to get lost.
30 minutes later, we've reached the edge of Novaliches. We began to ask directions from people, however their response is a little bit jaggy. It seems like they don't know the place or the Novitiate is very well secluded from Novaliches' civilization.
Slowly, from asking directions from people every now and then, we found our destination. The Noviatiate is not within the area of Nova, in fact, it's at the edge of Fairview, a stone-throws away from Bulacan.
Mom had a lot of memories of this place, especially during Martial Law. Along the way, she told us how she got passed the helicopters and military preparing to launch an offensive against the seminary for harboring dissidents. During her time, the whole expanse of Fairview was a grassfield - no subdivisions nor highways.
We arrived at Sacred Heart 45 minutes late. As we enter the solitary main road leading to the complex, I can't help but wonder at the tall, imposing Balite Trees that covered the whole area. Man, this is the life. I'm several meters away from civilization and everything around me is nature.
While mom was facilitating a retreat, I was communing with Nature. For an urban boy like me - trapped at the center of the city - and pollution itself, a walk among the trees is a very good respite.
All I've heard the whole afternoon is the chorus of birds... and humming of insects. The wind blows gently, carrying with it little bits of cotton from the kapok tree nearby. Sacred Heart Novitiate is a very tranquil place, but whenever I'd be reminded that this place is for seminarians, I can't help but think...
For PLU priests in here, this place seemed a good place for lovemaking.
---
Belated Happy 2nd Anniversary Francis and Zeki. May you find yourselves in each others arms for a lifetime.
Me: Ako po si Proxi, batang galing Maynila. Polluted po kasi sa amin at walang punong kasing laki at kasi ganda katulad mo. Maari siguro akong
gumawa ng palasyo sa loob ng mga ugat mo, at maging penthouse ko ang
mga dahon mo. Masaya akong tumambay malapit sayo parang nakikipagusap sakin ang mundo ng dahil sayo.
Inang Puno: Matagal na rin akong hindi nakakita ng taong katulad mo, madalas, nagpapapicture lang ang mga lumalapit sa mga ugat ko. Halina't
ipakita ko sayo ang palasyo ko. Ipikit mo ang iyong mga mata, at pakinggan ang mga huni ng kalikasan sa paligid mo....
----
We left home at noon, even though I had only several hours sleep coming from Bed.
Mom asked me the previous day if I could accompany her to Novaliches. She's gonna attend a function at a Seminary somewhere there.
And so the journey began.
Since mom told me that the Novitiate is in Novaliches, I decided to traverse Mindanao Ave going through Quirino Highway. It was a cloudy afternoon, and being the navigator, I was doing poorly in finding our direction.
It was my first time to get lost.
30 minutes later, we've reached the edge of Novaliches. We began to ask directions from people, however their response is a little bit jaggy. It seems like they don't know the place or the Novitiate is very well secluded from Novaliches' civilization.
Slowly, from asking directions from people every now and then, we found our destination. The Noviatiate is not within the area of Nova, in fact, it's at the edge of Fairview, a stone-throws away from Bulacan.
Mom had a lot of memories of this place, especially during Martial Law. Along the way, she told us how she got passed the helicopters and military preparing to launch an offensive against the seminary for harboring dissidents. During her time, the whole expanse of Fairview was a grassfield - no subdivisions nor highways.
We arrived at Sacred Heart 45 minutes late. As we enter the solitary main road leading to the complex, I can't help but wonder at the tall, imposing Balite Trees that covered the whole area. Man, this is the life. I'm several meters away from civilization and everything around me is nature.
While mom was facilitating a retreat, I was communing with Nature. For an urban boy like me - trapped at the center of the city - and pollution itself, a walk among the trees is a very good respite.
All I've heard the whole afternoon is the chorus of birds... and humming of insects. The wind blows gently, carrying with it little bits of cotton from the kapok tree nearby. Sacred Heart Novitiate is a very tranquil place, but whenever I'd be reminded that this place is for seminarians, I can't help but think...
For PLU priests in here, this place seemed a good place for lovemaking.
---
Belated Happy 2nd Anniversary Francis and Zeki. May you find yourselves in each others arms for a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment