It was midnight when I got home, only to be welcomed by a grim news that we have no running water.
Fooootangggina san tayo kukuha ng tubig ngayong hatinggabi?
As I found out after making tsika with our barako neighbors, there was no warning that the water supply would be interrupted tonight till tomorrow. The last water truck were filling timba and timbas of water since this evening and I was one of the last one who were given access to the hose itself so... meron na kaming tubig yun nga lang isang timba sha.
Eh bwakanangina pano magkakasya ang isang timba sa isang familia del diyes miembros? Siguro isang baso kada isa pwede pa... pero putcha, kahit pang toothbrush eh bitin yun ha.
So ang ginawa namin. Tumawag kami sa lumang bahay namin sa kabilang baranggay. Checked out if they have running water and organized a dram brigade to haul drums of water back to our home.
So from 1 am onwards, we were hauling titanic plastic bottles of water just to fill 2 huge water drums. Grabe, tinubuan ata ako ng masel kakabuhat dun. Swerte na lang, gising pa yung kababata kong straight. One year na rin kami hindi nagkikita kaya medyo masaya ako na nagkasama kami muli.
We had our kamustahan and balitaan about our other friends while carrying those plastic bottles. Half drunk, he volunteered to assist us hauling water so our work became much easier. He even accompanied us going home just to make sure that we'll never get any problems transfering the drums from our FX to the bathroom.
After our hauling job was finished, he asked me if I could chat with him for a little while. Since the last time we've met was eons ago, I said "sige, kwentuhan muna tayo pare."
We went back to my old home. Not contented with simply sitting in a bangketa, I asked him if its ok if we could stroll down the whole baranggay. You see, the last time I asked him to accompany me around, my best bud told me that he got a lot of enemies beyond our territory so we simply chatted beside one of the sari-sari stores that sprawled along the alley. However this time around, he granted my request.
Our old house is located near the center of the baranggay. Our baranggay was composed of several alleys with houses almost overlapping one another. This alleys was once my playground. My mom and dad, being active in the homeowners association had a lot of perks too. I am one of the most popular kids back then, and every area in the baranggay was open to me.
This morning, I got the chance to check those alleys again. Walking along the narrow roads, I've realized how things changed very fast. The once vacant lots filled with kangkongs were now occupied by big and modern houses. The small gardens that sprung along the road has now become a forest full of ornamental plants and blooming flowers.
These alleys were once my home too. It was on those streets where I meet friends and playmates. I even used to explore those narrow streets in search of sari-sari stores where I could buy Ultraman text cards. It was on those old houses where I ask some grannies to cut me a branch of their ornamental plants so that I could add it on my once envied ornamental garden.
Ang bilis ng panahon. Minsan, isang batang kalye lang ako na paikot ikot sa mga alley na yun, nangangaroling, nangangapitbahay, nagtatampisaw sa baha, nakikitsismis... at may isang time, kasama sa mga namumulitika pa. Parang kailan lang ang mga panahong yun... at nung napagawi kami sa isa sa mga madalim na kalye dun, nasambit ko pa sa kababata ko kanina na dun mismo sa spot na yun nakilala ko si den-den. Yung isa sa mga biker samin nung 7 years old ako. Gusto ko pa sana ikwento sa kanya na kaya kami nagkakilala kasi nageexplore ako ng bagong daan samantalang siya eh tinagos na yung maliit na daan na yun. The last time I saw him last year, he was a chubby bummer.
Dati rati, madilim ang mga kalsada sa baranggay namin. Pero ngayon may isang alley pa na flourescent na ang mga ilaw sa kalsada. Noon pa man, lugar na ng mga mayayaman samin ang alley na yun. Ngayon, tadtad na ng mga aircon ang kakahuying mga bahay dun.
Ang bilis ng panahon. Maikwekwento na lang sayo na yung iba sa mga kasamahan mo nung dungisin ka pa ay nag-asawa na at marami ng anak. Yung iba ay makakapagtapos na ng pag-aaral; yung isa naging lawyer na... at ang iba napapariwara pa rin ang buhay. Ang mga tambay nun, tambay pa rin ngayon.
Sa dinami dami na ng nagbago sa buhay ko, at sa malaking pagbabago nang nangyari sa lugar na pinaglakihan ko, nakakatuwang isipin na may mga taong nakatira dun na halos wala pa ring pinagbago. Iniwan mo silang ganun, matapos ang pitong taon ganun mo pa rin sila babalikan.
Ang sarap magsenti habang naglalakad kasama ang kababata mong nakasabay mo ng maligo, nakasabay mo na magjack-off nung minamaster mo pa lang kung paano labasan ng madaming tamod, nakajamming mo na sa mga unang inuman ninyong mga kabataan -
ang tanging naging saksi sa buong kabataan mo.
It was a worthwhile experience to look back and reminisce the days when everything seems so uncomplicated to you. My old home would always be a reminder that there was a time when I used to be one with the community - a very masa community.
And I want to leave it like that... hoping, I would hear again my boyish voice echoing along the alleys when I visit them once again, that for a time was my home.
Fooootangggina san tayo kukuha ng tubig ngayong hatinggabi?
As I found out after making tsika with our barako neighbors, there was no warning that the water supply would be interrupted tonight till tomorrow. The last water truck were filling timba and timbas of water since this evening and I was one of the last one who were given access to the hose itself so... meron na kaming tubig yun nga lang isang timba sha.
Eh bwakanangina pano magkakasya ang isang timba sa isang familia del diyes miembros? Siguro isang baso kada isa pwede pa... pero putcha, kahit pang toothbrush eh bitin yun ha.
So ang ginawa namin. Tumawag kami sa lumang bahay namin sa kabilang baranggay. Checked out if they have running water and organized a dram brigade to haul drums of water back to our home.
So from 1 am onwards, we were hauling titanic plastic bottles of water just to fill 2 huge water drums. Grabe, tinubuan ata ako ng masel kakabuhat dun. Swerte na lang, gising pa yung kababata kong straight. One year na rin kami hindi nagkikita kaya medyo masaya ako na nagkasama kami muli.
We had our kamustahan and balitaan about our other friends while carrying those plastic bottles. Half drunk, he volunteered to assist us hauling water so our work became much easier. He even accompanied us going home just to make sure that we'll never get any problems transfering the drums from our FX to the bathroom.
After our hauling job was finished, he asked me if I could chat with him for a little while. Since the last time we've met was eons ago, I said "sige, kwentuhan muna tayo pare."
We went back to my old home. Not contented with simply sitting in a bangketa, I asked him if its ok if we could stroll down the whole baranggay. You see, the last time I asked him to accompany me around, my best bud told me that he got a lot of enemies beyond our territory so we simply chatted beside one of the sari-sari stores that sprawled along the alley. However this time around, he granted my request.
Our old house is located near the center of the baranggay. Our baranggay was composed of several alleys with houses almost overlapping one another. This alleys was once my playground. My mom and dad, being active in the homeowners association had a lot of perks too. I am one of the most popular kids back then, and every area in the baranggay was open to me.
This morning, I got the chance to check those alleys again. Walking along the narrow roads, I've realized how things changed very fast. The once vacant lots filled with kangkongs were now occupied by big and modern houses. The small gardens that sprung along the road has now become a forest full of ornamental plants and blooming flowers.
These alleys were once my home too. It was on those streets where I meet friends and playmates. I even used to explore those narrow streets in search of sari-sari stores where I could buy Ultraman text cards. It was on those old houses where I ask some grannies to cut me a branch of their ornamental plants so that I could add it on my once envied ornamental garden.
Ang bilis ng panahon. Minsan, isang batang kalye lang ako na paikot ikot sa mga alley na yun, nangangaroling, nangangapitbahay, nagtatampisaw sa baha, nakikitsismis... at may isang time, kasama sa mga namumulitika pa. Parang kailan lang ang mga panahong yun... at nung napagawi kami sa isa sa mga madalim na kalye dun, nasambit ko pa sa kababata ko kanina na dun mismo sa spot na yun nakilala ko si den-den. Yung isa sa mga biker samin nung 7 years old ako. Gusto ko pa sana ikwento sa kanya na kaya kami nagkakilala kasi nageexplore ako ng bagong daan samantalang siya eh tinagos na yung maliit na daan na yun. The last time I saw him last year, he was a chubby bummer.
Dati rati, madilim ang mga kalsada sa baranggay namin. Pero ngayon may isang alley pa na flourescent na ang mga ilaw sa kalsada. Noon pa man, lugar na ng mga mayayaman samin ang alley na yun. Ngayon, tadtad na ng mga aircon ang kakahuying mga bahay dun.
Ang bilis ng panahon. Maikwekwento na lang sayo na yung iba sa mga kasamahan mo nung dungisin ka pa ay nag-asawa na at marami ng anak. Yung iba ay makakapagtapos na ng pag-aaral; yung isa naging lawyer na... at ang iba napapariwara pa rin ang buhay. Ang mga tambay nun, tambay pa rin ngayon.
Sa dinami dami na ng nagbago sa buhay ko, at sa malaking pagbabago nang nangyari sa lugar na pinaglakihan ko, nakakatuwang isipin na may mga taong nakatira dun na halos wala pa ring pinagbago. Iniwan mo silang ganun, matapos ang pitong taon ganun mo pa rin sila babalikan.
Ang sarap magsenti habang naglalakad kasama ang kababata mong nakasabay mo ng maligo, nakasabay mo na magjack-off nung minamaster mo pa lang kung paano labasan ng madaming tamod, nakajamming mo na sa mga unang inuman ninyong mga kabataan -
ang tanging naging saksi sa buong kabataan mo.
It was a worthwhile experience to look back and reminisce the days when everything seems so uncomplicated to you. My old home would always be a reminder that there was a time when I used to be one with the community - a very masa community.
And I want to leave it like that... hoping, I would hear again my boyish voice echoing along the alleys when I visit them once again, that for a time was my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment