“I started to notice that she feels something different for me. If you’re not manhid, you would definitely sense if someone gives you more attention and concern. That’s what had happened to us after several months of being very close. My mistake was, I never took it seriously, and at the same time I put more feeder into the fire. I showed her more concern and attention only as a friend. Yet she saw everything I did to her in a different light. People started asking if we’re a couple – which I denied. It was actually a showbiz moment. I imagine ourselves in a talkshow then the host would ask us if “ kami na daw ba?” Worried about the repercussions of everything, I would simply tell everyone that “hindi, friends lang kami…”
For a time it worked for the both of us. It was the most convenient way to do. But there are things that cannot go on forever. Probably, bowing down to pressures, to rumors, and to agitators, she began to ask me weirder questions. In fact, in one college activity that we both attended, she even asked me…
Ano daw ba kami?”
--
We arrived at Polly’s office.
While waiting for him to come out of the door, Ex-girlfriend hid behind one of the columns. Finally, Polly opened the door and started walking towards me. His first question was “ikaw lang mag-isa?” then ex-girlfriend finally came out of her hiding place and surprised Polly.
Polly was of course, very much star-studded when he saw us together. After all, he was one of the “talk-show” hosts before when we were in college. Besides, he knows my preference and seeing us together is something… well, news-worthy.
The whole time we were in Polly’s office I was silent. These are one of the times when I have to act more straight-acting in hopes that I could perfectly pass as one of the straight guys you know.
Since it was almost lunch break, we decided to go out and find some place to eat in the area. Before we left, Ex-girlfriend went to fix herself up in the bathroom then Polly introduced us to his colleagues. When we got outside the office, we planned to eat at Chowking. However, ex asked us if we could check her driver first before going to eat.
And that gave me a better idea.
Since our next stop was in Binondo, I suggested that it would be better if we proceeded there instead of having our lunch in Intramuros. That way, Polly can spend more time with us.
They both agreed so the three of us stepped inside the van.
A few minutes later, I was already directing the driver the way going to the place called Chinatown.
--
"It was around September. We were both holding leadership positions in AB. She was the transition leader of our Journ Society, while I held one of the top positions in my political party. One time, we had this seminar in Cavite where all officers were invited to attend.
We both signed up for that seminar.
When we arrived at the venue, I became so busy with my own political affairs that I forgot to notice her. It made her upset because I think she thought that such event would make our friendship – or whatever it is much stronger. During the second night, she asked me if we could sneak out of the main hall because she wanted to walk at the beach. Since I haven’t paid attention to her for a while, I sneaked out with her.
We were alone at the beach. She held my hands and leaned on my shoulders. She told me that she was quite upset with what I am showing to her – that she felt so outsider around my company – my political party. Our conversation was quite deep and intimate and I felt at that moment that she would confront me about us… about our status.
There and then, she asked me “kung ano daw ba kami.” That time, I really can’t tell. I have some slight feelings toward her but I know that it’s not enough to hold a relationship together. At the same time, I am afraid that wrong use of words may offend her.
That time, I simply want her in my life, I want her to own my heart… but I don’t want a relationship or commitment with her.
The beach was so cold and it started to drizzle. I asked her if we could return to the seminar since people might be looking for us. At first, she asked me if we could stay a little longer at the beach but I told her that she might get sick because of the cold weather.
We sneaked back inside the hall as quietly as we sneaked out."
--
It was very hot and humid when we arrived at Binondo. Our first goal was to find an ATM so that we could withdraw some money.
Since I am relatively familiar with the place, I showed ex-girlfriend the alley where a Chinese-style market could be found. She liked what she saw and she asked the two of us if we could check the place out.
At the alley, she started taking photos of fruits that were in stalls.
--
We emerged from the other side of the alley afterwards. Ex-girlfriend and I were planning to see more things and take more pictures but Polly insisted that we eat our lunch first. Unfortunately, no matter how familiar I am with the place, I am not familiar with the Chinese restaurants there. And since nobody among us is familiar with the place, we decided to go inside the first restaurant we could find.
At the corner of the street where we came from and Ongpin we found our restaurant.
If you’re familiar with Chinese restaurants, one thing you would notice is that most of the dishes in the menu are written in Chinese characters sometimes, the translations were even harder to comprehend since it was also translated by a Chinese. We took our seats and the waitress gave us the menu.
While ex-girlfriend and Polly reviewed the menu, I asked the restaurant manager if she could suggest something that we could eat since it was our first time to dine there. And so this manager went to the table where we were seated and advised us to order their most sought after dishes.
As they talk about the dishes we would order, I started looking around in hopes that I could find a dish that is familiar with me. Good thing I found one. It looks like a Pares and I think, it had the aroma of it. So I interrupted the manager and asked her if they serve Pares in their restaurant.
At this point, I really don’t know what I said afterwards. But I heard her saying yes. However she advised us not to order it but due to my insistence, in the end she had nothing to do... but write it down on the paper, which I would regret afterwards. If only I listened to her, and took her suggestions on what dishes we would order, we wouldn’t have discovered a new meaning to the word “Chinese Food.”
--
Our orders arrived several minutes later and what we saw loose our appetite.
It was placed in a pail-like aluminum container. The rice was covered in a think, stew-like sauce. The herbs and spices made the aroma quite nauseating. And the food presentation was completely appalling.
But it costs P62 pesos so we have to eat it even though it seems like our food looks like a kaning-baboy deluxe at first look..
After several spoonfuls of our order, I finally told them that our food sucks. I thought I was the only one who feels that way, but they also said that they just lost their appetites too after eating it.
So we decided to get our bills and whatever is left from our food would be taken home.
When we got out, we started laughing and talking about the food we ate and how atrocious the experience was. Ex-girlfriend even said that eating it was a sort of an “extra-challenge” for her.
As for me, I really felt dizzy afterwards and whenever they mentioned the word “food,” I controlled myself since at any moment I might throw up what I ate.
We went to San Lazaro Church and the two went inside to pray. I, on the other hand started looking for a cigarette vendor in hopes that a Philip Morris may wash away the food’s bad aftertaste from my mouth.
When they finished praying, we lit up some candles at the altar then we explored the whole stretch of Ongpin in hopes of finding more subjects to take photos of.
As the heat of the sun, humidity in the air and dust coming from vehicles that passed beside us took its toll, Polly finally announced that it was his extra challenge.
So when we reached the other side of Ongpin, Polly wanted to excuse himself from us since someone from his office texted and said that everyone was looking for him in the office.
We then found our final subject and it was a shoeshine man. For the last time yesterday, we asked the old man if we could take pictures of him while he does his job for our class project. The old man obliged so we had an easy time taking our last shot.
In the end, Polly decided that instead of going back alone, he agreed that we could drop him off in front of his office as we proceed towards our next stop…
--
"The months after the revelation at Cavite was a rollercoaster ride for us. Our political difference almost tore us apart. While she gave me concern and understanding, I gave her pain and apathy. The society elections was the last draw and after she and her party found out that nobody in the class voted for them, our relationship has turned from bad to worse.
We never talked after that elections… and up to now, I still can’t remember how we did started talking again. Soon, our friendship was restored back to normal and for a time, it became more intense. Occasionally, we would talk about ourselves and she would ask me about our status. But it ended just there. She knows after all that my stand about commitments was clear
One afternoon, I think she had a bad hair day that day for she never talked to me. Before I left for home, she told me to call her that night because she wanted us to talk.
That night, I called her. I cannot remember what we have talked about, but it was a very tensed moment. She was already drawing the line between us. She told me that she cannot move on, while I remained in her life. She asked me that she wanted to know what would my decision would be – and she made it very clearly – keep her as my girlfriend, or leave her never to communicate or talk on the phone again.
Before I made my decision, I asked her if I could call back after several minutes. I made an excuse that mom me to do something. But the truth is, I called my guy bestfriend in high school and asked him about my move. He knew my story and his answer was simple. For several years, I was ahead of him when it comes to the affairs of the heart. He saw me courting, flirting and making my moves, he saw me being rejected and dumped by girls I courted before.
He said everything he have learned in courting and relationships came from me – even though the relationship part was a theoretical one…my bestfriend told me that why not for a change, I finally apply what I’ve been teaching all the time. He told me that he believed that it is my time to settle down and have a girl in my life.
I called her immediately after I ended my conversation with my bestfriend. The girl and I talked about ourselves again; the possible complications after we announced to everyone that we’re officially a couple; My fears about the relationship since it is my first one and I don’t really know how to handle one.
She assured me of everything. In fact, we set our first month as a transition period for the both of us. Although I am not really sure whether I am ready for a commitment or not, I realized that having a relationship is better than to loose her completely because I was afraid to keep her for real.
I don’t want to repeat my failures with Ice Rose.
That night we became us.
But until now, I am still trying to remember whether I told her I love her, at the first night of our relationship."
For a time it worked for the both of us. It was the most convenient way to do. But there are things that cannot go on forever. Probably, bowing down to pressures, to rumors, and to agitators, she began to ask me weirder questions. In fact, in one college activity that we both attended, she even asked me…
Ano daw ba kami?”
--
We arrived at Polly’s office.
While waiting for him to come out of the door, Ex-girlfriend hid behind one of the columns. Finally, Polly opened the door and started walking towards me. His first question was “ikaw lang mag-isa?” then ex-girlfriend finally came out of her hiding place and surprised Polly.
Polly was of course, very much star-studded when he saw us together. After all, he was one of the “talk-show” hosts before when we were in college. Besides, he knows my preference and seeing us together is something… well, news-worthy.
The whole time we were in Polly’s office I was silent. These are one of the times when I have to act more straight-acting in hopes that I could perfectly pass as one of the straight guys you know.
Since it was almost lunch break, we decided to go out and find some place to eat in the area. Before we left, Ex-girlfriend went to fix herself up in the bathroom then Polly introduced us to his colleagues. When we got outside the office, we planned to eat at Chowking. However, ex asked us if we could check her driver first before going to eat.
And that gave me a better idea.
Since our next stop was in Binondo, I suggested that it would be better if we proceeded there instead of having our lunch in Intramuros. That way, Polly can spend more time with us.
They both agreed so the three of us stepped inside the van.
A few minutes later, I was already directing the driver the way going to the place called Chinatown.
--
"It was around September. We were both holding leadership positions in AB. She was the transition leader of our Journ Society, while I held one of the top positions in my political party. One time, we had this seminar in Cavite where all officers were invited to attend.
We both signed up for that seminar.
When we arrived at the venue, I became so busy with my own political affairs that I forgot to notice her. It made her upset because I think she thought that such event would make our friendship – or whatever it is much stronger. During the second night, she asked me if we could sneak out of the main hall because she wanted to walk at the beach. Since I haven’t paid attention to her for a while, I sneaked out with her.
We were alone at the beach. She held my hands and leaned on my shoulders. She told me that she was quite upset with what I am showing to her – that she felt so outsider around my company – my political party. Our conversation was quite deep and intimate and I felt at that moment that she would confront me about us… about our status.
There and then, she asked me “kung ano daw ba kami.” That time, I really can’t tell. I have some slight feelings toward her but I know that it’s not enough to hold a relationship together. At the same time, I am afraid that wrong use of words may offend her.
That time, I simply want her in my life, I want her to own my heart… but I don’t want a relationship or commitment with her.
The beach was so cold and it started to drizzle. I asked her if we could return to the seminar since people might be looking for us. At first, she asked me if we could stay a little longer at the beach but I told her that she might get sick because of the cold weather.
We sneaked back inside the hall as quietly as we sneaked out."
--
It was very hot and humid when we arrived at Binondo. Our first goal was to find an ATM so that we could withdraw some money.
Since I am relatively familiar with the place, I showed ex-girlfriend the alley where a Chinese-style market could be found. She liked what she saw and she asked the two of us if we could check the place out.
At the alley, she started taking photos of fruits that were in stalls.
--
We emerged from the other side of the alley afterwards. Ex-girlfriend and I were planning to see more things and take more pictures but Polly insisted that we eat our lunch first. Unfortunately, no matter how familiar I am with the place, I am not familiar with the Chinese restaurants there. And since nobody among us is familiar with the place, we decided to go inside the first restaurant we could find.
At the corner of the street where we came from and Ongpin we found our restaurant.
If you’re familiar with Chinese restaurants, one thing you would notice is that most of the dishes in the menu are written in Chinese characters sometimes, the translations were even harder to comprehend since it was also translated by a Chinese. We took our seats and the waitress gave us the menu.
While ex-girlfriend and Polly reviewed the menu, I asked the restaurant manager if she could suggest something that we could eat since it was our first time to dine there. And so this manager went to the table where we were seated and advised us to order their most sought after dishes.
As they talk about the dishes we would order, I started looking around in hopes that I could find a dish that is familiar with me. Good thing I found one. It looks like a Pares and I think, it had the aroma of it. So I interrupted the manager and asked her if they serve Pares in their restaurant.
At this point, I really don’t know what I said afterwards. But I heard her saying yes. However she advised us not to order it but due to my insistence, in the end she had nothing to do... but write it down on the paper, which I would regret afterwards. If only I listened to her, and took her suggestions on what dishes we would order, we wouldn’t have discovered a new meaning to the word “Chinese Food.”
--
Our orders arrived several minutes later and what we saw loose our appetite.
It was placed in a pail-like aluminum container. The rice was covered in a think, stew-like sauce. The herbs and spices made the aroma quite nauseating. And the food presentation was completely appalling.
But it costs P62 pesos so we have to eat it even though it seems like our food looks like a kaning-baboy deluxe at first look..
After several spoonfuls of our order, I finally told them that our food sucks. I thought I was the only one who feels that way, but they also said that they just lost their appetites too after eating it.
So we decided to get our bills and whatever is left from our food would be taken home.
When we got out, we started laughing and talking about the food we ate and how atrocious the experience was. Ex-girlfriend even said that eating it was a sort of an “extra-challenge” for her.
As for me, I really felt dizzy afterwards and whenever they mentioned the word “food,” I controlled myself since at any moment I might throw up what I ate.
We went to San Lazaro Church and the two went inside to pray. I, on the other hand started looking for a cigarette vendor in hopes that a Philip Morris may wash away the food’s bad aftertaste from my mouth.
When they finished praying, we lit up some candles at the altar then we explored the whole stretch of Ongpin in hopes of finding more subjects to take photos of.
As the heat of the sun, humidity in the air and dust coming from vehicles that passed beside us took its toll, Polly finally announced that it was his extra challenge.
So when we reached the other side of Ongpin, Polly wanted to excuse himself from us since someone from his office texted and said that everyone was looking for him in the office.
We then found our final subject and it was a shoeshine man. For the last time yesterday, we asked the old man if we could take pictures of him while he does his job for our class project. The old man obliged so we had an easy time taking our last shot.
In the end, Polly decided that instead of going back alone, he agreed that we could drop him off in front of his office as we proceed towards our next stop…
--
"The months after the revelation at Cavite was a rollercoaster ride for us. Our political difference almost tore us apart. While she gave me concern and understanding, I gave her pain and apathy. The society elections was the last draw and after she and her party found out that nobody in the class voted for them, our relationship has turned from bad to worse.
We never talked after that elections… and up to now, I still can’t remember how we did started talking again. Soon, our friendship was restored back to normal and for a time, it became more intense. Occasionally, we would talk about ourselves and she would ask me about our status. But it ended just there. She knows after all that my stand about commitments was clear
One afternoon, I think she had a bad hair day that day for she never talked to me. Before I left for home, she told me to call her that night because she wanted us to talk.
That night, I called her. I cannot remember what we have talked about, but it was a very tensed moment. She was already drawing the line between us. She told me that she cannot move on, while I remained in her life. She asked me that she wanted to know what would my decision would be – and she made it very clearly – keep her as my girlfriend, or leave her never to communicate or talk on the phone again.
Before I made my decision, I asked her if I could call back after several minutes. I made an excuse that mom me to do something. But the truth is, I called my guy bestfriend in high school and asked him about my move. He knew my story and his answer was simple. For several years, I was ahead of him when it comes to the affairs of the heart. He saw me courting, flirting and making my moves, he saw me being rejected and dumped by girls I courted before.
He said everything he have learned in courting and relationships came from me – even though the relationship part was a theoretical one…my bestfriend told me that why not for a change, I finally apply what I’ve been teaching all the time. He told me that he believed that it is my time to settle down and have a girl in my life.
I called her immediately after I ended my conversation with my bestfriend. The girl and I talked about ourselves again; the possible complications after we announced to everyone that we’re officially a couple; My fears about the relationship since it is my first one and I don’t really know how to handle one.
She assured me of everything. In fact, we set our first month as a transition period for the both of us. Although I am not really sure whether I am ready for a commitment or not, I realized that having a relationship is better than to loose her completely because I was afraid to keep her for real.
I don’t want to repeat my failures with Ice Rose.
That night we became us.
But until now, I am still trying to remember whether I told her I love her, at the first night of our relationship."
--
-tobecontinued-
No comments:
Post a Comment