"This time, I think I am crossing the line. Who would have thought that ex-lovers could spend a beautiful day walking at a park. It was an awkward scene. My friend Andrea warned me of this scenario the last time we saw each other. What worries me is the repercussion and the future after this turning point in our lives."
- mms saved message.
---
I woke up late today and since I was already an hour late yesterday, I decided not to report fearing that my boss would find out that I am beginning to have problems with tardiness at work.
So instead, I logged on to the account using my computer at home. I was hoping that such move would make up for the absence today. However, I was worried that what I might be doing will only make things worse. I logged out immediately before the boss finds out what I was planning to do.
Suddenly the thought of applying a passport became a tempting distraction. I was bored, restless and daydreams suggest that leaving the country to visit other places abroad might be a good idea. The procedure however, is a different matter. Being a nincompoop that I am, I texted several people who I think, knew how to get a passport.
One of the people who received my text message was my ex-girlfriend.
---
She was the first, and the last lady who came into my life. Our relationship was relatively long but I was still immature and irresponsible when we became a couple. Maybe one day, I could tell our story in full. Suffice to say, it was not a good one. Ours was sad and full of failures.
And it was me who's at fault when she finally called quits one summer midnight.
It took two years before I was forgiven. During my last birthday, she sent a message on Friendster telling me that she had finally realized the closure between us.
When dad passed away, she showed up at the funeral. It was a bittersweet event because of all the relationships I had, ours was the only one official. She was accepted, not only by my mom but my dad as well. Though nobody saw us together when we were still a couple, everyone at home saw her as part of the family.
And it was only at the funeral two years after we broke up, that my mom and my sister finally met her in person.
---
She responded immediately after I sent her my inquiry.
Lately, our relationship has become more cordial after a series of YM conversations thawed the ice that sets us apart.
She gave the number of the Department of Foreign Affairs and even suggested to inquire at travel agencies on how to get a passport. Her assistance was a relief. What caught my attention however was her mention that she will be doing a photo-shoot for their magazine today.
Reading between the lines of her text message, I knew there was something more to what she said.
So I asked her whether she's alone or she has company. Ex-girlfriend answered that ever since she started working, she had grown used to do things on her own.
There and then I immediately knew what I should do... as her friend.
As her former...
---
I asked her if she needed company. After all, I'm absent at work and I won't be doing anything the whole day.
In fact, I would be very happy to volunteer to be her companion.
It took her some time to reply to my question. Waiting left a surge of uneasiness that flooded my being. Maybe meeting her was a wrong idea. Perhaps she wasn't prepared to hang out with me after we broke up. In my heart, a sudden sense of awkwardness stopped me from asking her answer. After all, it is unusual for an ex-lover to spend an entire day helping an ex-girlfriend do her job.
Hang-ups might emerge in the course of being with her the whole day.
It took several more minutes for her to answer, she replied by telling me that it's okay to join her. It turned out that she was looking for a helper and my assistance was very much appreciated.
Besids, we used to do those activities together...
Before...
When things were less complicated and we were just friends.
---
-tobecontinued-
- mms saved message.
---
I woke up late today and since I was already an hour late yesterday, I decided not to report fearing that my boss would find out that I am beginning to have problems with tardiness at work.
So instead, I logged on to the account using my computer at home. I was hoping that such move would make up for the absence today. However, I was worried that what I might be doing will only make things worse. I logged out immediately before the boss finds out what I was planning to do.
Suddenly the thought of applying a passport became a tempting distraction. I was bored, restless and daydreams suggest that leaving the country to visit other places abroad might be a good idea. The procedure however, is a different matter. Being a nincompoop that I am, I texted several people who I think, knew how to get a passport.
One of the people who received my text message was my ex-girlfriend.
---
She was the first, and the last lady who came into my life. Our relationship was relatively long but I was still immature and irresponsible when we became a couple. Maybe one day, I could tell our story in full. Suffice to say, it was not a good one. Ours was sad and full of failures.
And it was me who's at fault when she finally called quits one summer midnight.
It took two years before I was forgiven. During my last birthday, she sent a message on Friendster telling me that she had finally realized the closure between us.
When dad passed away, she showed up at the funeral. It was a bittersweet event because of all the relationships I had, ours was the only one official. She was accepted, not only by my mom but my dad as well. Though nobody saw us together when we were still a couple, everyone at home saw her as part of the family.
And it was only at the funeral two years after we broke up, that my mom and my sister finally met her in person.
---
She responded immediately after I sent her my inquiry.
Lately, our relationship has become more cordial after a series of YM conversations thawed the ice that sets us apart.
She gave the number of the Department of Foreign Affairs and even suggested to inquire at travel agencies on how to get a passport. Her assistance was a relief. What caught my attention however was her mention that she will be doing a photo-shoot for their magazine today.
Reading between the lines of her text message, I knew there was something more to what she said.
So I asked her whether she's alone or she has company. Ex-girlfriend answered that ever since she started working, she had grown used to do things on her own.
There and then I immediately knew what I should do... as her friend.
As her former...
---
I asked her if she needed company. After all, I'm absent at work and I won't be doing anything the whole day.
In fact, I would be very happy to volunteer to be her companion.
It took her some time to reply to my question. Waiting left a surge of uneasiness that flooded my being. Maybe meeting her was a wrong idea. Perhaps she wasn't prepared to hang out with me after we broke up. In my heart, a sudden sense of awkwardness stopped me from asking her answer. After all, it is unusual for an ex-lover to spend an entire day helping an ex-girlfriend do her job.
Hang-ups might emerge in the course of being with her the whole day.
It took several more minutes for her to answer, she replied by telling me that it's okay to join her. It turned out that she was looking for a helper and my assistance was very much appreciated.
Besids, we used to do those activities together...
Before...
When things were less complicated and we were just friends.
---
-tobecontinued-
No comments:
Post a Comment