Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Day I Spoke American

We spent the entire session neutralizing our flip accent. For the first time, I've realized how cool it is to speak english the American way. It's like kinda discovering new ways to make sounds you never thought you could do before. Although, I needed more practice in order to make this part of my system. However, I believe that the entire activity we had this day is worth all the investments I poured into attending this training.

Now, I'm looking for a person whom I can practice my new tongue. Fascinating, but I was actually worried this afternoon that I might be fixated into using my accent after we have left the building. Good thing though, the boys decided to have one more puff of cigarette before we left and chatted in Filipino that's why I have reclaimed my local tongue again before I went mingling with the public.

---

Weird, but no matter how I tell myself never to doubt my capabilities, I still fear that I might loose at the very end of this fight. The trainer told us that on Friday, we would undergo a final exam and a final interview in order for our applications to be endorsed back to Convergys. If we fail on that test, we may have to repeat the entire training... or worse, we will get booted out never to return again.

---

I was smiling the whole time while we were pronouncing words that has the sound of "th". I remembered that the very reason why I was encouraged to have this training was because during the final interview, the interviewer asked me to pronounce "three," however, my tongue was so stiff, that all I can pronounce was the letter "t", without the sound of "h." I also encountered difficulties pronouncing words starting with letter "p" and letter "f" since I tend to interchange the sounds of those letters.

I hope that by tomorrow, I would be more confident in speaking our clients language. So that if ever I would be asked to speak again in front of the class, I won't stutter and get nervous which might lead to my ultimate defeat on Friday.

---

Another thing that I have observed today was that, my "gay" co-trainee seems to be distant from among the guys. I don't know, but he seemed to maintain a world of his own - he never bothered to mingle and participate with the affairs of both the guys and the ladies of our batch.

He seems to be happy all by himself.

---

I have also noticed that straight men, especially those in the call centers are actually open- minded and respectful of their gay counterparts. They were even accomodating to our gay compadre. If this would go on till Friday, I might... for the spirit of "sangkabaklaan" to out myself and tell everthing to him.

---

For the first time in years, the words "ang ganda naman nung tsiks" actually came out of my mouth while having a puff session with the boys. And mind you, I wasn't covering up when I said it. It really came out unintentionally and with somehow a lustful tinge.

Does that mean I still have the bisexual spirit hidden in me?

---

Lastly, I discovered that mr. cutie co-trainee has a girlfriend. Oh well, I think not all whammy's have already sided with the rainbow side.

But again... who knows,

he might eventually metamorph in the future. Just like all others do.

---

And more bad news... the day after the contract was signed, the company was still unoperational. Good luck to all of us.

No comments: