Monday, May 9, 2005

Hard To Believe

The humidity is just awful.

Being a nocturnal person again, I usually sleep at around 4-6 am. As the sun rises and peaks at noon, imagine yourself sleeping in a small room, with curtains obstructing the windows which is protected by an alumminum screen and steel grills.

The heat from the sun and the lack of air circulation in the room sometimes makes the air so hot, even the breeze coming from my electric fan burns my skin. I wake up in late afternoon, my bedsheet moistend by the perspiration coming from my body.

That's how I live my life these days, and I spend the rest of the day in the field under the whims and capricousness of a scorching sun.

Kaya siguro kahit anong gamit ko ng Kissa Papaya Soap, di pa rin ako nagiging flawless gaya ng sabi sa sa commercial ni Kris Aquino noon.

---

Anyway, let's forget about humidity and focus more on serious topic such as the rising prices.

I don't know if I'm the one having problems with it, but no matter how I try to sympathize with the protesters, I can't understand why jeepney drivers pushes for another fare hike, when the buses, taxis and fx's fare remains the same?

I also can't understand why laborers wanted to have a wage increase when in fact, we are at the middle of a severe economic crisis at this moment.

Ewan ko ba kung di nila makita ang consequence ng kanilang hiningi... pero hindi ba nila maintindihan, na kapag nagtaas ng presyo ang pamasahe sa jeep from P5.00 to P7.00 eh mapwepwersa maglakad ang maraming tao? These days, mag-jejeep ka lang naman kapag walang FX, o kaya malapit lang ang pupuntahan mo diba? People won't dare to ride a jeep, especially if they have the money kung end to end ang destinasyon mo diba?

At hindi ba nila maintindihan na kapag tumaas ang presyo ng pamasahe, mas kokonting tao na lang ang makaka-afford ng mga extra services like fastfoods, saloons, and other anik aniks? Kahit nga mga ukay-ukay malugi na rin dahil sa sobrang hirap ng buhay, kahit second-hand clothes di na rin makabili ang mga tao.

And do they realize that we are a service-based industry, and a slight imbalance in the industry would affect our entire local economy?

So balik tayo sa pagtaas ng presyo ng pamasahe. When it becomes 7 or 8 pesos, mapipilitan mag resort ang isang family sa paggastos lang sa basic expenses. Since we are a service-based economy nga, lahat ng foodshops, kikay stores, beauty bars and a whole lot more service-based industries would close.

Nandyan pa ang BIR, SSS at PAG-IBIG na nagiikot para pwersahin ang mga maliliit na kumpanya na mag-comply sa mga government organizations na ito. Lugi ka na nga sa konting customers, lulumpuhin ka pa ng gobyerno.

So when things get so messy and when more people loose their jobs, and incomes, some of these guys would resort to illegal activities ranging from petty crimes to involving themselves in crime syndicates. Crime would rise up, and foreign investments will go down. With that, more and more people would clamor for GMA's removal in the office, and perhaps at this point we can already see the clear ugly face of anarchy ready to regurgitate our ailing society.

---

Imagine, nagsimula lang sa pagtaas ng pamasahe...

Kung ngayon ngang hindi pa tumataas ang pasahe, yung mga mangagawa eh nagdedemand na magtaas na ng sweldo ang mga kumpanya eh. Paano na ang mga maliliit na kumpanya? Paano na ang mga ordinaryong maralita?

---

So if I were the president, I'd not focus on petty things such as... uhm... can anyone tell me what's Gloria been up to nowadays please?

If I were the president, I'd order the government to subsidize the oil industry so that it would not become unstable.

Instead of maximizing the collection of taxes (which is quite impossible and unfair btw), I'd scrap the whole idea of VAT to lessen the burden to ordinary people and instead, I'd run after any government official who spends the people's money on stupid things (such as beautifying the walkways of an army camp).

I will declare graft and corruption as a crime against the entire Filipino nation, and will be punishable by death!

To encourage economic growth, one must look at how to promote the establishment of businesses in the country instead of scarying them off. Sino nga naman ang matutuwa magnegosyo kung pataas ng pataas ang presyo ng lahat ng bilihin at pakonti ng pakonti ang potential customers/clients mo?

I guess when more people are employed, discontentment subsides. When more people are preoccupied with their lives, we might eradicate petty problems raging from theft and minor crimes to population growth.

Ganun lang naman kasimple sana ang lahat eh.

I don't know why the government focuses more on trivial things and avoid resolving the main problem that creates all these mayhem.

---

GMA must have forgotten her economic roots I guess:

In this country, when prices go up... They will never ever go down... ever.

No comments: