I just barely got out of the office and here I am in front of the PC again.
For almost 10 hours every day, the PC is my companion aside from my buddy. I access my internet before I got to work and minutes before I go to sleep, one would find me playing a PC game on my computer.
Kulang na lang, magkaroon na ng wire na magco-connect sakin saka sa PC na malapit sakin. That way, makakapagblog na ako anytime na gustuhin ko.
---
Last night, I withdrew 3k from my account.
That money would be for my mom's "ginseng medicine," that for some mysterious reasons makes my mom's ailments heal. The other one is for the phone bill, which is for disconnection anytime soon.
I'd rather sacrifice my savings than to completely loose communication at home.
---
I think, my hiring was rather appropriate at this moment. Indeed, dad has completely stopped supporting us blaming the financial hardships that rocked his publishing business.
Mom was somehow sympatheric at his plight, but when I try to sort out my feelings.
The only emotion I have in my heart is remorse.
Everyday is like waking up to a reality that we're not as opulent as we used to be before. Everyday, the first thought that comes into my mind is if my dad's publishing still exist for this day or it has wrapped up already. Everyday I would think about how close we are to the edge and how can we keep ourselves from falling.
Everyday has become more and more gloomy and the thought of earning only to pay for the bills makes me quite insecure.
This morning, I was surprised because my FX fare was declined by the driver. Moments later, I've realized that he used to work for us. He used to gesture a salute for me whenever I walk down on the garage where he and the other maintenance people often hang out.
I was embarrassed at the sight of him, and me almost in the same plane. Of course, I am earning many times compared to him, but we're both working for different masters now. In fact, despite the existence of a security agency, which my dad owns - I see myself more of just a mere "worker."
The fanfare, the pride and the brimming confidence I used to have before was already gone. Not even a trace of one still remains close to my borders.
---
After this entry, I will accompany phanks again home. I ask God for us to be closer before. Now it has been answered. I just hope that our impending overtimes will not disrupt the routine we're having right now.
In 8 days, I will recieve my first paycheck from the company I am serving right now.
Tomorrow, I will again start my day by reading Conrado De Quiros' columm in Inquirer.
Somehow it has become my bible and window to the free world lately.
For almost 10 hours every day, the PC is my companion aside from my buddy. I access my internet before I got to work and minutes before I go to sleep, one would find me playing a PC game on my computer.
Kulang na lang, magkaroon na ng wire na magco-connect sakin saka sa PC na malapit sakin. That way, makakapagblog na ako anytime na gustuhin ko.
---
Last night, I withdrew 3k from my account.
That money would be for my mom's "ginseng medicine," that for some mysterious reasons makes my mom's ailments heal. The other one is for the phone bill, which is for disconnection anytime soon.
I'd rather sacrifice my savings than to completely loose communication at home.
---
I think, my hiring was rather appropriate at this moment. Indeed, dad has completely stopped supporting us blaming the financial hardships that rocked his publishing business.
Mom was somehow sympatheric at his plight, but when I try to sort out my feelings.
The only emotion I have in my heart is remorse.
Everyday is like waking up to a reality that we're not as opulent as we used to be before. Everyday, the first thought that comes into my mind is if my dad's publishing still exist for this day or it has wrapped up already. Everyday I would think about how close we are to the edge and how can we keep ourselves from falling.
Everyday has become more and more gloomy and the thought of earning only to pay for the bills makes me quite insecure.
This morning, I was surprised because my FX fare was declined by the driver. Moments later, I've realized that he used to work for us. He used to gesture a salute for me whenever I walk down on the garage where he and the other maintenance people often hang out.
I was embarrassed at the sight of him, and me almost in the same plane. Of course, I am earning many times compared to him, but we're both working for different masters now. In fact, despite the existence of a security agency, which my dad owns - I see myself more of just a mere "worker."
The fanfare, the pride and the brimming confidence I used to have before was already gone. Not even a trace of one still remains close to my borders.
---
After this entry, I will accompany phanks again home. I ask God for us to be closer before. Now it has been answered. I just hope that our impending overtimes will not disrupt the routine we're having right now.
In 8 days, I will recieve my first paycheck from the company I am serving right now.
Tomorrow, I will again start my day by reading Conrado De Quiros' columm in Inquirer.
Somehow it has become my bible and window to the free world lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment