Friday, October 29, 2004

Bittersweet Payday

I got my first payslip and all of it went directly to the bank.

It was a glorious moment to recieve the fruits of your very hard labor. It was, after all more than three months since I last worked for my money.

However, the payday had some bitter aftertaste.

It was confirmed that we will have work on Sunday and Monday. The company would demand more overtimes for us, forcing us to work our ass till kingdom come.

This set-up made me really really worried.

Forget about stress and the time I would loose for myself.

What worries me is the changes. The fact that I'll have a very very hard time catching Phanks from now on.

The fact that I will have to put ODDERs, and my social life in the backseat because of this job.

The fact that I'd see myself as a zombie because of this.

I don't care if someone from the office would read this, but I think with the trend that's going on, this work would really take life away from me. It's already showing...

And with those realities, sometimes the thoughts of backing out penetrates my consciousness. If I would have a hard time adjusting to this environment,

I'm afraid

I wouldn't last till February.

No comments: