Without thinking twice, I outrightly changed the format of my blog.
Inspired by some of the blogs I saw last night, I thought changing mine to be more standard with everyone would give me a better chance of redesigning it later, when I finally learned the tricks of html. With just one click, the whole blog rewrites itself as if evolving into some entity that would reflect me more. It's all about character baby and I want my soul imbedded deep into the pages where I express my thoughts.
Unfortunately, changing my template would erase everything that was in my previous one.
So I have to start again from scratch.
---
Mom celebrated her birthday today. Suprisingly, she spent less than a thousand bucks on it but it feeded more than 20 guests. Perhaps it lies on the initiative of some of the guests to bring additional food so that it would be shared by everyone. Mom's sisters and relatives arrived with food ranging from Chicken Relleno to Pork Barbeque to Four Seasons Fruit Punch.
As of this writing, she's still entertaining visitors downstairs. I'm sure she had a blast - celebrating her birthday arranged by everyone.
Which makes me wonder... how would dad celebrate his...
---
You see, they share the same birthdate, only almost decades apart. It was every couples dream, however, dad was asshole enough not to realize it.
Before, he would just shell out a mere 3k for my mom's celebration while he would spend his in a big hotel complete with big time guests and sexy startlets.
In fact, I had attended one of his biggest, and grandest... too bad, I was just a mere display in that event. Still, the scene stealer was his ex-querida who, created her own tabloid to rival my dad's newspaper only to go bankrupt in less than 10 months.
She used to be treated like a queen, with my mom on the sidelines... Now, she's nothing anymore. My dad, lost all his prestige he had acquired in the past few years.
---
I wonder, how would he celebrate his birthday this year?
Cash-strapped, I think it would be his remaining friends and new mistress who'd organize a celebration for him. Definitely, I would not appear in his event, in fact I'm even thinking of not greeting him altogether.
If I'm not cash-strapped myself, I'd even treat mom and my sister to an evening dinner just to show my dad who's enjoying everything now.
Unfortunately, I'm expecting my first paycheck on friday... days after my parents' birthday. In fact, I have to budget my remaining 700 bucks so that I could meet my target savings on November 2.
---
But still, I am still somewhat sympathetic to my dad.
In mom's words; "at least hindi niya kayo iniwan nung lumalaki pa kayo... at kahit paano inambunan pa rin niya tayo nung bumaha ang pera sa kanya."
Maybe I would reconsider. I'd show some humility this time. Probably, I'd send him a birthday greeting through SMS with matching words of encouragement. But that's all, nothing more.
---
We watched Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 this afternoon.
It was, emotionally arousing. In sowed hate in me with Pres. Bush's government. Never did I see the imperialistic side of America before. I just hope that this elections would bring changes to that nation.
I hope they'd change their image, or else they'd find a world order geared against them. In fact, with new leaders governing China these days, I think that nation has become more respectable in the eyes of everyone.
Forget Communism, it seems like their role in the world body and the United Nations has become more civilized that what USA is doing right now...
For the first time, I became convinced that Bush is the real terrorist and the Al Qaeda are just one of the monsters they have created to be their minions.
---
Secretly, I want the Democrats to win - even if it would cost the most powerful nation another civil war to restore the balance, then by all means let the rotten expose itself.
Let a great war divide that nation and let it become a lesson to its leaders not to trample with humanity.
Let those who truly sowed terror in this world burn eternally at the deepest pit of hell.
Inspired by some of the blogs I saw last night, I thought changing mine to be more standard with everyone would give me a better chance of redesigning it later, when I finally learned the tricks of html. With just one click, the whole blog rewrites itself as if evolving into some entity that would reflect me more. It's all about character baby and I want my soul imbedded deep into the pages where I express my thoughts.
Unfortunately, changing my template would erase everything that was in my previous one.
So I have to start again from scratch.
---
Mom celebrated her birthday today. Suprisingly, she spent less than a thousand bucks on it but it feeded more than 20 guests. Perhaps it lies on the initiative of some of the guests to bring additional food so that it would be shared by everyone. Mom's sisters and relatives arrived with food ranging from Chicken Relleno to Pork Barbeque to Four Seasons Fruit Punch.
As of this writing, she's still entertaining visitors downstairs. I'm sure she had a blast - celebrating her birthday arranged by everyone.
Which makes me wonder... how would dad celebrate his...
---
You see, they share the same birthdate, only almost decades apart. It was every couples dream, however, dad was asshole enough not to realize it.
Before, he would just shell out a mere 3k for my mom's celebration while he would spend his in a big hotel complete with big time guests and sexy startlets.
In fact, I had attended one of his biggest, and grandest... too bad, I was just a mere display in that event. Still, the scene stealer was his ex-querida who, created her own tabloid to rival my dad's newspaper only to go bankrupt in less than 10 months.
She used to be treated like a queen, with my mom on the sidelines... Now, she's nothing anymore. My dad, lost all his prestige he had acquired in the past few years.
---
I wonder, how would he celebrate his birthday this year?
Cash-strapped, I think it would be his remaining friends and new mistress who'd organize a celebration for him. Definitely, I would not appear in his event, in fact I'm even thinking of not greeting him altogether.
If I'm not cash-strapped myself, I'd even treat mom and my sister to an evening dinner just to show my dad who's enjoying everything now.
Unfortunately, I'm expecting my first paycheck on friday... days after my parents' birthday. In fact, I have to budget my remaining 700 bucks so that I could meet my target savings on November 2.
---
But still, I am still somewhat sympathetic to my dad.
In mom's words; "at least hindi niya kayo iniwan nung lumalaki pa kayo... at kahit paano inambunan pa rin niya tayo nung bumaha ang pera sa kanya."
Maybe I would reconsider. I'd show some humility this time. Probably, I'd send him a birthday greeting through SMS with matching words of encouragement. But that's all, nothing more.
---
We watched Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 this afternoon.
It was, emotionally arousing. In sowed hate in me with Pres. Bush's government. Never did I see the imperialistic side of America before. I just hope that this elections would bring changes to that nation.
I hope they'd change their image, or else they'd find a world order geared against them. In fact, with new leaders governing China these days, I think that nation has become more respectable in the eyes of everyone.
Forget Communism, it seems like their role in the world body and the United Nations has become more civilized that what USA is doing right now...
For the first time, I became convinced that Bush is the real terrorist and the Al Qaeda are just one of the monsters they have created to be their minions.
---
Secretly, I want the Democrats to win - even if it would cost the most powerful nation another civil war to restore the balance, then by all means let the rotten expose itself.
Let a great war divide that nation and let it become a lesson to its leaders not to trample with humanity.
Let those who truly sowed terror in this world burn eternally at the deepest pit of hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment