Monday, October 4, 2004

As I Close My Day

Half past one this morning, I was disrupted from my dream. I was prematurely awaken by my excitement in my first day of work. Since sleeping again after waking at the middle of the night is quite difficult and time consuming, I decided to spend the rest of the twilight playing sims closing a season ending in Pleasantview.

I was the second who arrived at the office. The first one, who came from the second batch was already there since 6:30 am. She introduced herself as Marge, an Ilonggo lady with a thick visayan accent. We had a little chit chat as I browse the magazines in the waiting area. It was past 8 when we were called to proceed to the training room.

To my surprise, our trainor is non other than the recruitment manager. She was assigned to handle the new campaign, as we are the pioneer batch of that project. Out of around 15 applicants, four were only chosen. As part of the four, I've realized that I can find my job on my own. The last three months of jobhunting has consumed a chunk of my confidence. I was severely shaken... but since this company saw my potentials, I think it is my duty to serve them with the best of my abilities.

---

We spent the whole day discussing the policies of SENCOR with Ms. Check. Since I was the "only meat among the lush botanical garden surrounding me," I always become the example whenever the trainor would expound a policy.

---

Sa totoo lang, medyo nabasag ang ideal bubble ko nung nalaman ko yung scope ng work ko. Work is till Saturday, shifting schedule, meager pay and possibly a lot of overtimes. It was quite disappointing... but rather than back away again, like what I did in RK Consulting and E-Pacific Global,

this time I'd face the challenge head on.

---

However, I immediately felt a sense of connection to the trainer. She's been like an elder sister to us during the whole period. Probably this would become the strongest reason for me to stay. Rarely do I feel such closeness to a person I've just met.

I will try to sleep early tonight so that I'd have a strong chance of waking up ahead of time. You see, I still want to play Sims2 before I leave. Besides, I heard this nice song while going home from Valenzuela this evening. I need to download that song as soon as possible.

No comments: