It started to feel like home there. My co-trainees are friendly, approachable and best of all very human. I never experienced this way before, not in EPAC or in any other company I set my foot in.
Today, we were further oriented about the intricacies of the job we need to do. It seems like I am quite familiar with the scope of work, but obviously I really need to polish my grammar. Ewan ko ba paano ako natuto magsulat samantalang modifiers eh hindi ko alam kung ano.
I have to confess that I want to perfect my job performance. I want to rise to the top, without them feeling my determination. I want to show a normal, shy and ordinary face, but gradually I know my target. I just hope I could stay long enough for me to adjust.
My work will be from Monday to Saturday starting at 9 am. That's why my private time was cut considerably. Last night I slept at around 11 and woke up at 6 am. Hopefully I will not be late in as long as I work with that shift.
We took a grammar refresher test this morning. Actually the test was a wake-up call for me. Since my start yesterday, I envisioned myself to be all knowing... a master of my own craft. I wanted to show how advance my skills are, and how willing I am to employ those talents for SENCOR. But I'm afraid that I have to remind myself of a lot of things.
First, I am just a newbie. The in-house recruits are already years ahead of me. In fact, they made a career in that company. It's impossible for me - to even match their experience. I will always have to listen no matter how advance I am when it comes to my writing skills.
Second, I have this guilt feeling of leaving dad's Security Agency without informing them of my new work. I am nursing this feeling for some time now, but for the sake of replenishing my savings before the holidays, I need to keep quite. I might be missing from them for months, or even years... however I have to do this to ensure my own survival. As long as I am working in SENCOR, and as long as my dad's company would still deposit my "salary" in my bank. I will be earning twice the amount I was earning last month.
But still I feel guilty. Forget about sensitivities. I want to get rich.
However, back to SENCOR, I will try my best to shed off those last remnants of my bossy days. I will adapt an employees profile, and will keep my background as much as possible. Right now, I am already beginning to feel my body and mind's rejection to changes. But I still hope that I can show my best here, especially since I found them without anyone's help... except Santa Clara. I made this petition a week before I submitted my resume to them.
Proxi, you have to remember to look where you are going. You have to box yourself as long as you can, or your stinking smell would reek into the noses of your co-trainees. It's not just judge you by your performance, but also your ability to blend with others. Drop off the idea that you are better than your other two trainees.
You have to remember always that you are not a god, and this is not your playground.
Today, we were further oriented about the intricacies of the job we need to do. It seems like I am quite familiar with the scope of work, but obviously I really need to polish my grammar. Ewan ko ba paano ako natuto magsulat samantalang modifiers eh hindi ko alam kung ano.
I have to confess that I want to perfect my job performance. I want to rise to the top, without them feeling my determination. I want to show a normal, shy and ordinary face, but gradually I know my target. I just hope I could stay long enough for me to adjust.
My work will be from Monday to Saturday starting at 9 am. That's why my private time was cut considerably. Last night I slept at around 11 and woke up at 6 am. Hopefully I will not be late in as long as I work with that shift.
We took a grammar refresher test this morning. Actually the test was a wake-up call for me. Since my start yesterday, I envisioned myself to be all knowing... a master of my own craft. I wanted to show how advance my skills are, and how willing I am to employ those talents for SENCOR. But I'm afraid that I have to remind myself of a lot of things.
First, I am just a newbie. The in-house recruits are already years ahead of me. In fact, they made a career in that company. It's impossible for me - to even match their experience. I will always have to listen no matter how advance I am when it comes to my writing skills.
Second, I have this guilt feeling of leaving dad's Security Agency without informing them of my new work. I am nursing this feeling for some time now, but for the sake of replenishing my savings before the holidays, I need to keep quite. I might be missing from them for months, or even years... however I have to do this to ensure my own survival. As long as I am working in SENCOR, and as long as my dad's company would still deposit my "salary" in my bank. I will be earning twice the amount I was earning last month.
But still I feel guilty. Forget about sensitivities. I want to get rich.
However, back to SENCOR, I will try my best to shed off those last remnants of my bossy days. I will adapt an employees profile, and will keep my background as much as possible. Right now, I am already beginning to feel my body and mind's rejection to changes. But I still hope that I can show my best here, especially since I found them without anyone's help... except Santa Clara. I made this petition a week before I submitted my resume to them.
Proxi, you have to remember to look where you are going. You have to box yourself as long as you can, or your stinking smell would reek into the noses of your co-trainees. It's not just judge you by your performance, but also your ability to blend with others. Drop off the idea that you are better than your other two trainees.
You have to remember always that you are not a god, and this is not your playground.
No comments:
Post a Comment