Saturday, October 9, 2004

Superunification

Now that my work eats most of my free time, spending it with the ODDERs has become more special this week.

It's like I have one night to be what I really am, apart from being a co-breadwinner, a serious researcher who keeps everything to himself, a faithful and devoted lover, a busy person. Tonight, I let my fab side shine through. I don't care what other people might think, as long as I am with my brODDERs, no one can say what should I be.

We met tonight to celebrate James' birthday. The past celebrations are still fresh in my mind, and I think that tonight has become another landmark in our history. For the first time, some others who lost touch some months ago came. By now, I can confidently claim that we have recovered from Omeng's absence. He is assured out there that if ever he returns, he will see his family complete, just like when he left.

James' party was celebrated in a pizza house somewhere in Ortigas. Man! the food was great. Solb talaga na konti lang kinain ko the whole day. Henry's presence made our night lively, if not rowdy. Sana lang eh cool lang siya kahit na tampulan siya ng asaran minsan. I'd still say that he bonds us by the character he portrays in the group. He is indeed missed by everyone.

Chris, who confided his resentments some weeks ago was also present. Sa totoo lang, I'd almost given up on him joining the group again, especially now that he found solace in being alone. I think Rommel was right, after we showed concern when he was confined in the hospital, he realized that he is part of us. Some might not be as close to him as I do, but his presence is well appreciated by everyone who came.

On the secondth week, Carlo remains the scene stealer. Mukha ngang meron na kaming bagong center of attraction ngayon. His punchlines, together with those from Benchboy and Paul never fails to bring smiles on our faces. They exude a very jolly aura that makes the group prouder as ever.

Still, the phrase "Iisang bangka" lives on. Indeed, a lot of things changed after Rommel left for the US, however the foundation remains intact. We may be composed of subgroups once in a while, but the core touches everyone's lives. I hope that we can sustain such bondness rarely scene in LBGT groups like us. Somehow, the exclusivity of the group helped us maintain that status quo. This wasn't the group I've seen 8 months ago.

Tonight, the fires of our first bondings reverberated at James' party. It was the spirit that made us survive the most difficult times when we were just starting.

No comments: