I woke up at around 1 pm this afternoon.
We worked for 20 hours and in that span of time, my body didn't bear the beating. I passed out one hour before our overtime ends.
If you'd ask me, what we have to endure was quite gross and inhuman. Unless it's a school project, one might see an end to it. However for all I know, the fact that it can happen over and over again until this year's project ends make me wanna resign already.
And sad to say, it's a forced overtime. I can't complain since everyone will not be spared no matter how we're secretly against about the work. Though the overnight-overtime would earn us a remarkable extra income, I think it's not really worth it. If you're in my case, would you choose earning an extra income over having some little time to enjoy your earnings?
I'd rather not earn that money, if it would cost me my time.
---
I talked to Arrjae this afternoon to catch up on the thing that happened last night.
Well it seems that everyone is gearing up for the Christmas Party. How I wished I was there too to share my inputs about the upcoming event.
Pero too bad, my work won't give me a break.
Our conversation was flowing smoothly around the things that's been discussed at last nights contingent when it suddenly shifted to talking about our careers
and social life.
Soon I found out from our conversation that this week wasn't good for him too.
---
Anyway we've talked about how time works for us these days.
Before, when we're still officemates at the ad agency, we used to enjoy a lot of FREE time. In fact, other people at the office were already complaining that we seemed to enjoy a lot of FREE time for ourselves.
Which sometimes make me realize how better was my life in their hands.
But now...
---
Back to the conversation, Arrjae realizes that he's so boring and that he don't know what he wants in his life. He feels that he don't have any hobbies or recreation he really enjoys.
Then I suddenly saw how my life was going. I told him that he's still well off with the time he enjoys.
I told him one of the examples of how time was robbed from me...
---
Last night, since Phanks and I haven't seen each other for two days, he decided to drop by in the office before he goes home.
We're still in the QA process when phanks arrived downstairs.
Just to avoid to keep him waiting that long, I asked our "team leader" if I could take my break earlier than the rest.
Since the supervisors were already out dining, she allowed my to go.
And for 30 minutes, we squeezed a-two hours worth of time we often enjoy for ourselves by eating out in Jollibee.
He knows that I am on the rush since "takas lang ako."
He sensed that I was pushing myself to the limits just to buy time for ourselves.
He feels that I am already tired by the time we met... and that his presence lifted my sagging spirit...
And actually I felt freedom when I was with him the whole time.
Pathetic no, but that's how I made my day complete last night.
---
So back to Arj's dilemma, I told him
that these days, I lived like a robot. Imagine, you'd work your ass for around 10 hours every day monday to saturday, doing only a repetitive work, then if you're swamped by more work by friday, you'd compensate your sundays by having an overnight work on a saturday night.
In a PLUs perspective they would consider that as Sooooo Un-fa-bu-lous.
I told Arjae that he should appreciate more the things he have, rather than sulk to the fact that he's constantly experiencing a sorta "life makeover" every few years. I advised him to accept the fact that it's his nature to pull himself into the chaos only to get out for a few moments of order.
Besides, on the outside, he seemed much pretty well in control. Told him, that he might be just exaggerating things since there are more people whose life are much much worse than him - and some of them never realizing it.
---
Whenever we take a 30 minute break in the afternoon, we can see the tall buildings in Ayala from where we make tuhog our snacks. Everytime I think about my situation and I see those buildings,
I can't help but wonder if working here is the closest thing I can get there?
and if there's a better and more comfortable life waiting outside our sleepy and haunted building if ever I'd ceased my operation with my company
Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that my work allowed us to survive independently from my dad. That it was my lifeline in case of an emergency.
And that I already found my order, discipline and even some sort of life in that company.
But whenever I think about how overworked we've become... and will be in the next few months,
In my head I can already compose the first few sentences of my resignation letter.
I will not resign because of the people around me...
it will be because of time.
We worked for 20 hours and in that span of time, my body didn't bear the beating. I passed out one hour before our overtime ends.
If you'd ask me, what we have to endure was quite gross and inhuman. Unless it's a school project, one might see an end to it. However for all I know, the fact that it can happen over and over again until this year's project ends make me wanna resign already.
And sad to say, it's a forced overtime. I can't complain since everyone will not be spared no matter how we're secretly against about the work. Though the overnight-overtime would earn us a remarkable extra income, I think it's not really worth it. If you're in my case, would you choose earning an extra income over having some little time to enjoy your earnings?
I'd rather not earn that money, if it would cost me my time.
---
I talked to Arrjae this afternoon to catch up on the thing that happened last night.
Well it seems that everyone is gearing up for the Christmas Party. How I wished I was there too to share my inputs about the upcoming event.
Pero too bad, my work won't give me a break.
Our conversation was flowing smoothly around the things that's been discussed at last nights contingent when it suddenly shifted to talking about our careers
and social life.
Soon I found out from our conversation that this week wasn't good for him too.
---
Anyway we've talked about how time works for us these days.
Before, when we're still officemates at the ad agency, we used to enjoy a lot of FREE time. In fact, other people at the office were already complaining that we seemed to enjoy a lot of FREE time for ourselves.
Which sometimes make me realize how better was my life in their hands.
But now...
---
Back to the conversation, Arrjae realizes that he's so boring and that he don't know what he wants in his life. He feels that he don't have any hobbies or recreation he really enjoys.
Then I suddenly saw how my life was going. I told him that he's still well off with the time he enjoys.
I told him one of the examples of how time was robbed from me...
---
Last night, since Phanks and I haven't seen each other for two days, he decided to drop by in the office before he goes home.
We're still in the QA process when phanks arrived downstairs.
Just to avoid to keep him waiting that long, I asked our "team leader" if I could take my break earlier than the rest.
Since the supervisors were already out dining, she allowed my to go.
And for 30 minutes, we squeezed a-two hours worth of time we often enjoy for ourselves by eating out in Jollibee.
He knows that I am on the rush since "takas lang ako."
He sensed that I was pushing myself to the limits just to buy time for ourselves.
He feels that I am already tired by the time we met... and that his presence lifted my sagging spirit...
And actually I felt freedom when I was with him the whole time.
Pathetic no, but that's how I made my day complete last night.
---
So back to Arj's dilemma, I told him
that these days, I lived like a robot. Imagine, you'd work your ass for around 10 hours every day monday to saturday, doing only a repetitive work, then if you're swamped by more work by friday, you'd compensate your sundays by having an overnight work on a saturday night.
In a PLUs perspective they would consider that as Sooooo Un-fa-bu-lous.
I told Arjae that he should appreciate more the things he have, rather than sulk to the fact that he's constantly experiencing a sorta "life makeover" every few years. I advised him to accept the fact that it's his nature to pull himself into the chaos only to get out for a few moments of order.
Besides, on the outside, he seemed much pretty well in control. Told him, that he might be just exaggerating things since there are more people whose life are much much worse than him - and some of them never realizing it.
---
Whenever we take a 30 minute break in the afternoon, we can see the tall buildings in Ayala from where we make tuhog our snacks. Everytime I think about my situation and I see those buildings,
I can't help but wonder if working here is the closest thing I can get there?
and if there's a better and more comfortable life waiting outside our sleepy and haunted building if ever I'd ceased my operation with my company
Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that my work allowed us to survive independently from my dad. That it was my lifeline in case of an emergency.
And that I already found my order, discipline and even some sort of life in that company.
But whenever I think about how overworked we've become... and will be in the next few months,
In my head I can already compose the first few sentences of my resignation letter.
I will not resign because of the people around me...
it will be because of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment