Before I went inside the building after I've eaten our lunch, I suddenly noticed how blue was the sky today. It seems like the storm that came several days ago left with her cloudy entourage tidy as before she came.
Whenever I find time to look at the sky, it seems like for a moment, I become a teen again. Before in highschool and mid-college, I'd hang around places where most of my age finds boring.
In fact, my favorite spot was the breakwater behind Folk Arts Theater. Countless times, I'll bring a friend there and we'd enjoy the translucent sea as the golden orange sky fills up our horizon.
In fact, there was this one time I bought a friend just to watch a full moon sets over the sea.
I don't remember if it was Andrea who told me that I am a romantic person- Before my only definition of romantic was reserved for ligawan and those stuffs. But she explained that it also describes persons who enjoy little, and often taken for granted things. For her, that was romantic - a person who breathes his ideas.
There were times during my college years when I would waste several hours of travel just to reach Kelly Heights in Antipolo just to have a good view of the city - alone. Minsan naman Instead of going home, I'd stroll in Luneta at sunset after a brief afternoon rain, and I was always alone too. And who would ever forget the time when I converted our side yard to a botanical garden filled with different plants, I stole somewhere, a zen garden that sustained rock-thriving plants and real butterflies that pays a visit (and mate) once in a while. Those were the days of my romanticism, today, no matter how hard I try to relive those things again, the essence has already vaporized before I could savor it.
These things are what I missed during my teenhood. When I read Conrado De Quiros' columm this morning, he mentioned the word cynical - how cynical Filipinos had become, and it reminded me of my state of transformation this moment. I traded romanticism with reality, and everything you see in the world is full of jadedness.
Perhaps, the reason why I am very vocal here in my enclave is because this is my last remaining space to express those things, I will never express in the long course of the day. Sometimes, when I check out my blog, I'd think if there are people who could still bear my heavy writings.
But most of the time, the blackness of my template and the forest on my header reminds me that my blog was created to stand alone. Its contents reserved for the delight of its author.
I've always been lonely and the clear unobstructed sky resonates my zest for loneliness.
Whenever I find time to look at the sky, it seems like for a moment, I become a teen again. Before in highschool and mid-college, I'd hang around places where most of my age finds boring.
In fact, my favorite spot was the breakwater behind Folk Arts Theater. Countless times, I'll bring a friend there and we'd enjoy the translucent sea as the golden orange sky fills up our horizon.
In fact, there was this one time I bought a friend just to watch a full moon sets over the sea.
I don't remember if it was Andrea who told me that I am a romantic person- Before my only definition of romantic was reserved for ligawan and those stuffs. But she explained that it also describes persons who enjoy little, and often taken for granted things. For her, that was romantic - a person who breathes his ideas.
There were times during my college years when I would waste several hours of travel just to reach Kelly Heights in Antipolo just to have a good view of the city - alone. Minsan naman Instead of going home, I'd stroll in Luneta at sunset after a brief afternoon rain, and I was always alone too. And who would ever forget the time when I converted our side yard to a botanical garden filled with different plants, I stole somewhere, a zen garden that sustained rock-thriving plants and real butterflies that pays a visit (and mate) once in a while. Those were the days of my romanticism, today, no matter how hard I try to relive those things again, the essence has already vaporized before I could savor it.
These things are what I missed during my teenhood. When I read Conrado De Quiros' columm this morning, he mentioned the word cynical - how cynical Filipinos had become, and it reminded me of my state of transformation this moment. I traded romanticism with reality, and everything you see in the world is full of jadedness.
Perhaps, the reason why I am very vocal here in my enclave is because this is my last remaining space to express those things, I will never express in the long course of the day. Sometimes, when I check out my blog, I'd think if there are people who could still bear my heavy writings.
But most of the time, the blackness of my template and the forest on my header reminds me that my blog was created to stand alone. Its contents reserved for the delight of its author.
I've always been lonely and the clear unobstructed sky resonates my zest for loneliness.
No comments:
Post a Comment