Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Enter The Whammy Pulubi

I only usually give alms to old ladies who are begging on the streets. Aside from that, dedma ako palagi sa namamalimos.



But this evening was different - extremely different.



---



I was riding a jeep going to Pedro Gil when in Vito Cruz, a boyish early 20s duude rode the jeep I am in. As I found out after a few seconds later, he was one of those volunteers who ask for alms for different reasons (this time it's for the handicapped).



"Sila yung nagbibigay ng sobre sayo habang nagsasalita sila sa aisle ng sasakyan at nagsasabi ng kung ano ano."



At first, I wanted to pretend that I'm sleepy. But when he went up front and tell his mission, I suddenly realized that he's kinda charming for a namamalimos. In fact, someone might say that he's already goodlooking based on certain standards.



I dunno if I was charmed, or was simply amused as he talks, but when he played his flute, to accompany his message - and when started thinking of my mom who is also handicapped, I decided to give my 5 peso coin to the donation.



Wala lang, I know its not fulfillment on my part. I think that's one of the weird instances in your life where you do things because for some very shallow reasons.



whammy siya eh. yung lang.



I wish parekoy was around when it happened. These days, when I wanted to shift towards the PLU side... sometimes even to the extremes, Roy would always be around when I show it.



Aliw pa ako kasi nung pagkababa niya ng jeep, he gestured goodbye... I don't know if it was meant for anyone, but hey, I was the only one looking at him.



I might claim it as mine. hehehe.



---



I think they know my blog in the office.



Lately, I've observed that our department head doesn't question me when I want to leave already after around several hours of overtime.



Perphaps, she beginning to understand how stressful my job is, and how near I am in quitting my post.



Between love and hate of my work, the only thing that makes everything in balance is the general environment at the office. Once everything starts to fuck up.



Then there's no reason for me to stay anymore.

No comments: