Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Irony of Saying Goodbye

Is it so ironic to learn, after doubting your capacities for too long that you would be given more important tasks in the company you're working at the end?

They were asking me to work full time in the advertising agency as an executive assistant for its events department. It was a surprise, a great relief after hearing a week ago that they would choose between us who would survive and who would be booted out.

However, I have already made my decision. Despite the uncertainties and loss of leaving this company, I decided to push through in submitting my resignation letter. Enclosed in an emerald green folder, with an inscription of my boss' name and designation at the center of it, it shows how formal and sorrow my decision to leave is.

I asked a co-worker (who's contract will end today) to check my letter. Teary eyed, she told me that it would be a big lost if I leave this company, however, being an owner of a family business herself, she understands why I have to do this.

Tomorrow the news will reach every nook and corner of this office. And somehow, I feel how they would respond to my need to part ways. By friday, I may be called upon to explain myself and have their verdict. I just hope that this effort would leave a good impression of me in this field - to this company.

On the 7th, it would be my 6th month in this company and I enjoyed every day and moment I've been here ever since that day begun.

No comments: