Saturday, March 27, 2004

Disturbed

I was about to post some other entries today when this news flashed out on the screen minutes after I got home:

" Isang di pa nakikilalang lalaki ang tumalon sa riles habang may papadating na LRT. Naganap ang insidente kaninang alas-6 ng gabi sa Vito Cruz Station. Ang lalaki ay tinatayang 15 hanggang 20 anyos na gulang at magbyabyahe papuntang Monumento. Hanggang sa ngayon ay inaalam pa ang motibo ng kanyang pagpapakamatay."

While the report was being read by the newsreader, the camera was panning under the LRT train. The white shirt, which was worn by the guy is visible despite the darkness underneath the behemonth machine. I wonder, was his body mutilated beyond recognition? What's the purpose behind his suicide, was it because of failing grades (if he's a student), dumped by a prospect or he's so fucked up with the world that the only exit for him is an ungraceful death such as this.

And such news disturbs me... I know, life is shit most of the times... Sana napakinggan ko ang mga problema at sakit ng kalooban niya kahit di ko siya kilala. Sana nabigyan ako ng pagkakataon para iligtas siya at pigilan sa kanyang madugong binabalak. Nakakalungkot, kahit di ko siya kilala, nanghihinayang ako sa ginawa niya.

Wala lang. Somehow, I feel horrified. What if I know the guy?

No comments: