Friday, March 19, 2004

Postcripts from Tonight's Contingent

It's all about human emotions.

A guy renews his bond with another guy, while some other guy closes one of their intimate chapters with another guy. A guy is obsessed with another guy, while a guy recieves an affectionate response with the guy he's madly inlove with.

Everything revolves in a cycle where everyone had experienced being in the shoes of someone. An observer may see the different facets of homosexual situations while looking at us as one.

That's how we as ODDER have evolved nowadays. Despite the confusion, tension, cold shudders and misunderstandings. We still end up closer together. People who avoid talking with each other some weeks ago, may find themselves conversing on the topics which seperated them apart. It's like the whole recreation process ignites in a single gathering - doors are closed while new doors are being opened. In fact, this whole universe we lived in revolves around itself. Everyone touches each others lives.

It's been several weeks ago, when I openly protested about the flood of newbies seen in the contingent. I was crying foul against issues where one is being fished by the other , only to be fished by someone else or one is being harassed after an SDN. Lately, I've been seeing a different picture - the group have come to its senses once again - or I was becoming more open minded about their display of "intimate friendships". It's like the whole group I've cherished before suddenly comes right in front of me and I missed that group so much.

Paul's birthday celebration was a blast. We have been drunk yet no one among us self destructed this morning. The bonding process, where old wounds are being healed, are to be healed and must be healed was discussed tonight. People who have been alien to me for quite some time suddenly became a blood brother overnight.

Jonas Bagas, a well known PLU activist graced our contingent. I was infact joking that one day, The Outsiders may become an arm of his group, Lagablab. We might become a part of a larger PLU community soon - if and ever, our lives would remain as dynamic as it has been today.

Most of us are getting old. I guess it's really time for us to draw whatever common future we will have for the entire Outsiders. The fear of growing alone, abandoned and hopeless is slowly showing on our conciousness. There's so much to do. Whatever happens, the integrity and morality of the group we have loved and supported and became our sanctuary for many of us must be uphold.

To a brother who fears that I may condemm him if ever he fucks around this time... Don't worry, as long as you'll be man enough to be responsible in the mess you'll create, then I'll support you along the way, if not... well, listen very well to James' advice. I guess his sentiments much reflected my own.

Remember, we're all interconnected here, whatever failures that a brother will have will also directly hits us. We're old enough to choose whatever decision we will make but please... decide with your mind, it may be hard but, avoid listening to your heart. Trust me, it will mislead you both.

---

I'm happy that the newbie is being acknowledged by everyone. Keep it up, everyone's looking up to you already. Three attendance, and you're in fact at the heart of the whole group.

---

To you my so-called partner in crime, I'm happy that you enjoyed this evening's gathering. I never saw you that happy before. You even hugged me tight, which you never did to me before. May the cordiality he showed you would be the beginning of a new friendship. All maybe lost, but hopefully, you found a new friend in him.

---

And to you, mister buffy guy, thanks for knowing you again. I really cherished having that heart to heart discussion with you about your life, your problems and what you dream in the future. I hope my enlightement had shown you the way. Our confrontations set you free.

No comments: