Wednesday, March 10, 2004

O' Holy Night

And when they opened the door, I knew, I am home.

That's how I felt when I attended tonight's contingent. After almost two weeks of absence, I decided to drop by and bond with the group. This evening, I've seen new faces - new people to know and understand and discover. I've met, for the second time the couple that always fascinates me... Zeki and Boccelli in one gathering.

It's like been eons since I met these guys. No wonder, I really missed these people. Hugs here, wave there, smile here, laugh there. Suddenly, everything seems so new and refreshed. The troubles and conflicts I felt before vanished instantly. You see, these are the only guys I knew... and clinged on all these years. I am right when I felt their importance the last time I found myself clubbing in BED. Nothing beats the feeling of being with the people you considered as your family.

I really missed a lot of things and it's good to be back.

What really makes this night really special is that there's no booze around. Finally the policeman can enjoy the perks of being in a reunion without having to worry people doing things overboard. This contingent was set to be a karaoke night. Thanks to James' magic mic, I've heard once again how the divas sing with their hearts out. People in the group loved to sing, and dance and... sing. I maybe a little shy when in comes to singing, but I really appreciate that they are having a good time.

Lui, being new to this contingent, was given the spotlight. People wanted to know this guy. Being his avid blog lurker, I am quite interested to know more about him in person. People laugh, people sing, people talked about one another, people argued about the importance of monogamy in a relationship. Bes, Topz, Marvin and I was discussing about nipples - guy's nipples that is. People were comparing how big and booby his breast is compared to theirs, and how fatty or pointy are theirs compared to his. Bes was making fun of Marvin the whole time. The last time I saw them together like this was years ago - when we used to call Quattro our nook.

Henry had a new look, and he looks better now than I saw him weeks ago. The aura of being devastated isn't noticeable at all anymore. I have to thank Elwyn for making him feel better... well even for just a moment. Benchboy... seemed had found his mate. They look so sweet and promising especially when they told us that they're leaving, together. I hope that what I saw would lead into something better, keep it up dudes and break a leg that you'll find happiness with each other. You deserve to be loved Bench, and I think this is the right time.

I don't know but Arrjae seemed happy when I saw him tonight. Maybe it's because he had again re-discovered the joys of playing magic cards with Zeki or maybe he met a whammy guy this week. I'll be in the office tomorrow hopefully to get an update with his life. Hopefully, he too had already recovered from his depression. Meng-meng, Stolich and Nathan remains blooming as ever. I don't know if it's in their mood but I've never seen them this joyful and happy as before. Sonny too looks better and more comfortable, it seems that the booze-less night made these people a little bit better, than when I see them taken over by alcohol.

I could go on and on relating the happy things that happened in this contingent. Somehow, this no booze night raised my spirits up. This is what I've been looking for in the Outsiders - the pristine Odders I've missed so much. People are having fun, and yet sober. Some people, who are used to SDN would feel a little awkward, and even bored without the usual gin-pom being passed around. But you see, there are moments when it's better to be sober, showing our normal selves rather than drunk with the booze-powered persona controlling our every move. Though we are less free and restrained to do what we want, at least our soberness had shown the untainted side of us tonight.

Before we left, I hugged everyone... to say how much thankful and appreciative I am with these guys, for being here and being my family all this time.

---

I really mean it when I said to Roy that if I hugged him that tight two years ago, kikiligin talaga ako sa kanya...

When I saw in James' eyes how he love and cherish koppy's presence in these gatherings, If I had the moolah, I would have sent him to Singapore this week.

When I felt how bonded Topz is in the group, I said to myself. "My solo eb with him paid off. I remain the ambassador of whatever PLU group I belong to."

I appreciate raf-raf's presence in this contingent tonight. I hope he had fun.

Meng-meng finally met Kadyot... Kaingget...

---

Till the next booze-less contingent. See you again boys.

No comments: