Monday, July 25, 2005

Chona

I was giving a... while GMA was having her SONA in Congress.

But from what I've heard, she declares her intention to lead the promulgation of Cha-Cha which the congress will draft in between the political hoolabaloos at Batasan.

And whats with the plan of turning this republic into a federation? Would it do good for the country?

I think not.

You see, the republic itself has no problems. A lot of countries big and small, rich or poor works with a republican setup. The real problem is the people running the government. Outlying provinces are complaining that everything centers in Imperial Manila.

And Imperial Manila doesn't do nothing to decentralize the government. Since this is the capital of a nation, every kind of development are focused here.

If only it shares the countries wealth to every part of the country. If only the republic itself would be more sympathetic to the needs of the provinces - especially Mindanao.

Then we don't need a federation to replace the republic.

And GMA won't make excuses that the republic is rotting.

I tend to sympathize more with the president, than the opposition. Thats a fact.

But the truth is. It's the current administration and politics that is rotting. I'm pretty confident that if we turn this country into a federation, regionalism will intensify. But nothing will ever change.

And when regionalism intensifies,

Then what's the sense of calling ourselves a nation?

No comments: