I can't believe it! I'm stuck here at home, nursing a cold and flu.
I should've been working and earning moonies to sustain me and the household. But somehow, mother dearest convinced me to take a rest. After all, I woke up with a slight chill. But it was manageable though, however mom told me that if I force myself to work at this dire conditions, it might aggravate my illness. Then she reminded me of the time I was confined at the hospital for a week, spending around 35,000 for that medical expense.
So that's it. I went back to my bed and slept.
---
Actually, what I really hate about being stuck at home is that it disrupts my routine.
Working 12 hours for 6 days is unbearable to those who are not used to it. In fact, I did forced myself through motivation that it's better for me to have those working hours since I earn a lot from it.
However, if that routine faces some disruptions such as what happened today, it just simply breaks my spirit.
Hirap talaga kapag masyado kang nakadepende sa sarili mong body/mental clock. Lahat ng bagay gusto mo laging synchronized.
---
The meningo scare is one of the culprit why I took this steps to protect myself.
If felt my my immune system dropping two nights ago thanks to that pesky diet schemes I had for several weeks. While at work, I just realized that I'm already coughing and had a slight fever. Di ko lang pinansin, in fact, I managed to fetch phanks and accompanied him in Monumento. But when I got home, things started to get nasty. My throat began to ache and my cough has become more regular and painful in the chest. Pero wala pa rin sakin yun, I took a warm bath that night and slept around midnight.
And it snowballed into this...
Actually I think the real culprit on this one is none other than Phanks.
Remember the post when I said I bought him medicines for his cough? Before that, I drank from the same straw he was using when we watched a movie last sunday. Never did I thought na mahahawa nya ako.
Oh well, that's how life is. When I saw him yesterday, I think his condition has already improved. Siguro, mag-iingat na lang ako na hindi siya mahawaan ulit.
As for me. I hope I can drag myself to work tomorrow. I don't want to stay at home again. It simply destroys the things I forced myself to become. It simply eradicates the routine I applied to myself.
Besides, I would loose 600 bucks na. Malaki na yun para mawala sakin.
The Techno Revolution, Unnoticed
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment