In between the looming week-long 12 hour shift next week
and the impending need to break the routine that is eating away
my so-called life,
I am torn on deciding whether
to declare a party mood tonight
or go home and slumber and prepare
for the grinding week ahead.
Consciously, I am starting to look
for ways to break away and seek my own
reincarnation. While at the same time
I am sinking deeper here... people,
from bottom to top recognizes me
already. Even I have befriended the very
people who guards my space here.
Will I decide to move on and continue
my old journey, or stay put here, settle down
and define a life, very far from what I have
cherished long ago? Will I content myself
in sitting here in my space and spend the day
doing my duty or ride the fastest ship out?
In several months time, we would stand
to recieve our sentence - whether the gods
would allow us to continue our un-divine work
or cast us away into nothingness.
My heart beats a future that is bleak... here
yet my mind pictures an uncertain future... there
Would I contend myself with the roots I have spread here
enjoy and cherish the bonds I have created with souls
around me? or seek my own destiny among the clouds
I draw in my PC monitor?
Somehow, there's something in me that tells that I should wait...
But when the thoughts of being caged,
chained and controlled seep into my thoughts
I leave my work station
to return at the very same corner
where I find inner peace.
Overlooking the
tall towers of Makati, I have desired for so long,
I still continue to dream of a day when I would land my feet there... or somewhere else where I could be nearer to the sky I longed to claim.
Looking beyond, this is not my port-of-call.
One day, I would return back to the sea and
spawn a new entity that will continue the dreams I
have been forced to leave.
The Techno Revolution, Unnoticed
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment