
For so long, I held my silence believing that I am powerless to support such changes.
But after she spoke this afternoon. The moment I heard her conviction and beliefs.
When I felt that whatever she said came from her heart. Now, I know where I stand.
---
In the past, we were allied with her husband.
We were the only daily carrier who supported her husband’s candidacy. In fact, I was the one who suggested that our banner should be "The King for President"
And we were the one who were brave enough to use such very biased news – directly challenging the administration itself.
When everyone around me thinks his husband is a nuts.
Secretly I was supporting him. When he lost the elections, I know, it will be our doom. And I’ve always known that he and his vice-president were actually the winners.
And doom it was months after he lost his bid.
---
In his death I secretly grieved.
When she spoke during his funeral, I felt something burning in my heart.
When Conrado De Quiros wrote that she believes in what that woman said. My respect for her
surged in an all time high.
All time high it was that when she called for sobriety two weeks ago. I followed her wishes and silenced my own.
---
Now that she has spoken,
Now that I was moved by her anger, her ferocity, her belief that she can be the leader of whatever
change is brewing.
Now that she had touched my sleeping anger, my humanity, my wish for change. Wherever she goes, now I will follow.
I think in my heart, I found my answers.
I am ready to offer my sacrifices for whatever call she would sound.
And now, after slumbering for so long...
After clinging to the usurper just for our former
Kingdom to survive
Now that we have lost all
I finally started to believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment