Friday, June 24, 2005

Heaven's Eve

Day Remembered.

This was the day when we said our formal goodbyes to Omeng before he flew to the US. It was a White Party then and gay people are converging at Malate for this once a year event.

I remember the searchlights beaming up in the sky while we crossed the Nagtahan Bridge. Bench even commented that Malate was calling the Sangkabadingan around the metro.

It was a night to be remembered. A painful episode to a three-year history of my awakening in that fabulous place.

---

The year was 2002.

I was barely a homosexual then. Roy and I were drinking a San Mig Light we bought from Cognac along Bocobo. We had no idea then that it was the eve of the White Party. Ironically, we were both wearing white shirts.

No wonder we were already tagged by everyone, while we were unaware that such party takes place along Orosa.

---

The year was 2003.

The Odders was still a figment of James' imagination. I can't really remember what happened during this White Party but Im sure that Phanks and I made it to the scene. But yeah... I think we arrived too early for the party. I'm not so sure if I accompanied phanks to his place and returned to the party, or we slept together and forget the whole shebang.

You see, I think I'm more active during the Black Party every Halloween. After all, it always rain during this event.

---

And finally, it was only last year when I had seen the last big party.

We had a huge contingent at Malate only to break up into smaller groups after we arrived. I remembered how chaka the platform was, and how boring the gogoboys were. I left early, disappointed at how BED managed the event.

---

Today, it will be another year for the White Party.

And I won't attend this time.

You see, the White Party was the last big event when we had Rommel with us. The wound of his departure is still fresh in my heart, especially now...

When I can't feel that were still a group like we used to be before.

Besides, I have a duty the following morning so I'm sure that even though I would make it, I would not enjoy it like I used to do every Friday nights.

---

And this morning, I partied and drank hard so that by tonight, I won't have any reason to leave the house and join the entire queerdom celebrate unity in those perky streets of Malate.

Despite the heavy downpour, Roy, Pilip and I managed to drag our asses in Megamall to meet John (Tiburcio) for the first time.

After our new friend left, we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The two boys were disappointed at how impossible the story was, but for me, at least I had a good glimpse of my super-crushie, Brad Pitt.

As usual, it was a great night.

A great night to remember that at least, a night in my week would always be exclusive to me only.

---

We had a drinking session beside Shangri-La Shaw before we called it a night. I on the other hand flew immediately to Malate wishing that BED won't be empty last night.

And to my surprise, despite the anticipated party tonight. It was still jampacked.

I am now downloading a track, which DJ Toy Armada usually includes in his playlist.

---

Between 2002 and today, my gay life has been drastically changed by several notable turning points. I wonder, what will be my White Party look like in the following years.

Well who knows...

I just wished that it won't rain tonight like it did last night.

So that those would attend will have a very memorable Heavenly experience.

No comments: