Noon.
I am in an internet cafe downloading MP3s that used to be part of my collection. I am a music lover and I express my interest in music by collecting songs from different artists of different genres. I almost have a thousand hard-to-find MP3s before tragedy struck me yesterday. What the technician did is something unforgiveable.
You see, I woke up yesterday with a single thought in mind again.
I wanted to upgrade my beloved computer.
At first I was hesitant. I was thinking of the huge amount of money I will spend for some components of my PC. However, mom assured me that it's ok to upgrade my computer. After all, I could burn her all the CDs she wanted.
Besides, we could enjoy watching movie at home if I upgrade my CD-ROM to DVD-Burner Driver.
---
With my mom's blessings, I bought my PC to this internet cafe where I am writing this entry now. They provide reformatting services however, at a hefty price. Since I just asked Gene to reformat my PC the other week, and the technician at the office hasn't responded to my calls, I had no choice but to bring my PC here.
I then proceeded to Gilmore to buy a new DVD-Burner, a highly-advanced soundcard, an optical mouse and some other stuffs.
All in all, I spent more than 6 grands for the upgrade, including the 500 bucks for the reformatting services provided by the internet cafe.
---
The tragedy happened during the initial formatting stage.
The technician wasn't aware that a Windows 98 installer won't read a drive that was formatted by a Windows XP. Instead, it read and formatted the partition drive which contains all my works and treasures from the past 4 years of my cybernetic achievements.
Putangina, it deleted my entire life.
Severely devastated, I immediately called James for consolation. I remembered that he had the same experience before. Besides, he has half of my Mp3 collections which I shared to him some months ago.
I returned to the cafe, as the technician frantically tries to recover what was left of my files. Good thing, they knew a software that can retrieve files which were accidentally deleted due to formatting.
And the frantic search for that single file in the internet took hours. At the end, he told me if it's ok if I'd return the following day since he'd like to seek the assistance of his techno-savvy brother who would arrive the following morning.
---
Unhappy with the prospects of waiting an entire night while my life hangs on the balance, I decided to take things on my own.
With my armada of installer CDs well-kept hidden at home, I returned to the internet cafe to ask the technician to check whether some of the programs in my installer would retrieve the files he accidentally deleted.
I'd call it Divine Mercy, but it did worked wonders for my hard disk. The program did retrieve some of my files, which somehow lifted my sagging soul.
However, many were lost - including more than half of the 900-strong MP3s I had in my hard disk. What's more appaling was that, since the files were just retrieved from nothing, some of the salvaged mp3s were actually corrupted, if not mutilated.
---
Eventually, we have successfully reformatted my PC.
Though the process took more than 8 hours, which if with proper procedures, would just take less than 2 hours.
The DVD-Burner has been installed and is already working. It played some of my porns, which I would only enjoy in my mom's VCD player.
The soundcard worked magically. However I'm not still impressed. The reason why I bought it was to give provision to my PC, if ever I decide to buy a new speaker.
But overall, the whole reformatting process was a grave failure.
Because of it, I was forced to return and return to the internet cafe to download songs, which is used to be part of my collection.
Because of it, I will still have to sort the salvaged word documents I created during my stint in the journalism world. Good thing, my Black Book was retrieved. You see, it contains all my notes about my sex bouts with... guys before phanks.
The reason why the whole reformatting and upgrading project failed was because my primary objective for such project is to ensure that my Sims2 University would finally work on my PC.
It didn't, and now I have to pay a huge price for my previous assumptions.
I am in an internet cafe downloading MP3s that used to be part of my collection. I am a music lover and I express my interest in music by collecting songs from different artists of different genres. I almost have a thousand hard-to-find MP3s before tragedy struck me yesterday. What the technician did is something unforgiveable.
You see, I woke up yesterday with a single thought in mind again.
I wanted to upgrade my beloved computer.
At first I was hesitant. I was thinking of the huge amount of money I will spend for some components of my PC. However, mom assured me that it's ok to upgrade my computer. After all, I could burn her all the CDs she wanted.
Besides, we could enjoy watching movie at home if I upgrade my CD-ROM to DVD-Burner Driver.
---
With my mom's blessings, I bought my PC to this internet cafe where I am writing this entry now. They provide reformatting services however, at a hefty price. Since I just asked Gene to reformat my PC the other week, and the technician at the office hasn't responded to my calls, I had no choice but to bring my PC here.
I then proceeded to Gilmore to buy a new DVD-Burner, a highly-advanced soundcard, an optical mouse and some other stuffs.
All in all, I spent more than 6 grands for the upgrade, including the 500 bucks for the reformatting services provided by the internet cafe.
---
The tragedy happened during the initial formatting stage.
The technician wasn't aware that a Windows 98 installer won't read a drive that was formatted by a Windows XP. Instead, it read and formatted the partition drive which contains all my works and treasures from the past 4 years of my cybernetic achievements.
Putangina, it deleted my entire life.
Severely devastated, I immediately called James for consolation. I remembered that he had the same experience before. Besides, he has half of my Mp3 collections which I shared to him some months ago.
I returned to the cafe, as the technician frantically tries to recover what was left of my files. Good thing, they knew a software that can retrieve files which were accidentally deleted due to formatting.
And the frantic search for that single file in the internet took hours. At the end, he told me if it's ok if I'd return the following day since he'd like to seek the assistance of his techno-savvy brother who would arrive the following morning.
---
Unhappy with the prospects of waiting an entire night while my life hangs on the balance, I decided to take things on my own.
With my armada of installer CDs well-kept hidden at home, I returned to the internet cafe to ask the technician to check whether some of the programs in my installer would retrieve the files he accidentally deleted.
I'd call it Divine Mercy, but it did worked wonders for my hard disk. The program did retrieve some of my files, which somehow lifted my sagging soul.
However, many were lost - including more than half of the 900-strong MP3s I had in my hard disk. What's more appaling was that, since the files were just retrieved from nothing, some of the salvaged mp3s were actually corrupted, if not mutilated.
---
Eventually, we have successfully reformatted my PC.
Though the process took more than 8 hours, which if with proper procedures, would just take less than 2 hours.
The DVD-Burner has been installed and is already working. It played some of my porns, which I would only enjoy in my mom's VCD player.
The soundcard worked magically. However I'm not still impressed. The reason why I bought it was to give provision to my PC, if ever I decide to buy a new speaker.
But overall, the whole reformatting process was a grave failure.
Because of it, I was forced to return and return to the internet cafe to download songs, which is used to be part of my collection.
Because of it, I will still have to sort the salvaged word documents I created during my stint in the journalism world. Good thing, my Black Book was retrieved. You see, it contains all my notes about my sex bouts with... guys before phanks.
The reason why the whole reformatting and upgrading project failed was because my primary objective for such project is to ensure that my Sims2 University would finally work on my PC.
It didn't, and now I have to pay a huge price for my previous assumptions.
No comments:
Post a Comment