The night was late, and I found myself dragging my ass out of the house. The streets were still wet from the evening's rain but it didn't stop me from taking this opportunity to be there and be counted.
It was 11 pm and the people had already started to converge in that famous street. After all, this is a once-in-a-year event. Everyone who wants to be known, who wants to have a good fuck, who wants to have a lover and who those are proud of who they are came at the very same place where I found my freedom
Malate.
---
As I remembered during my last conversation with XP, I told him that one reason why I will be boycotting this night is because I remember Omeng. This was our last party together before he left and after that, everything simply changed.
XP told me that we should in fact be celebrating. We should remember this day as if Meng-meng was here partying with us. The phone conversation ended without a firm committment on my part for this night. When XP texted me this afternoon, I made up my mind and told him that I won't leave the house.
Period.
However, Bes Dennis also texted me, telling me if would come to Malate or what. I gave the same answer. He simply replied
"I miss you bes"
But I didn't replied. After all, his no-show during the last contingents weakened us as a group And secretly, I was hurt because those were the moments we needed him.
At the same moment, I've realized that I had a promise to Omeng. That no matter what happens, I will be there to support the group that spawned us both.
And this is a good opportunity to call the people who are part of us.
So before 7 pm. I changed my mind.
I would be appearing after all.
---
Bes and I met at around 11:30. Migs was already there as well as Vermont.
The music was already blaring from the stage and I was beginning to suffocate while standing at the corner of Orosa and Nakpil.
I was beginning to suffocate because there were too many gays in the area. And I, on the fact can't stand that. Even the jumpacked BED wont match this magnitude.
Then suddenly, A friend of Migs arrived. He introduced me to the newcomer, which is a founder of a group in YG. I am a subscriber in that group so it was an honor to meet the guy who started it all.
I was having a subtle conversation with the guy when suddenly a familiar guy passed by. It was McVie and my first impulse was to hug and made an excuse why the hell I was there.
Siya naman, he was shouting "Liar, liar" in a jesty tone because of my proclamations in my last entry. Then we laughed, chatted a little, then he told me that Felipe, his bud, and Promdi will also be coming.
So tonight was not only an ODDERs' reunion but a reunion of gay bloggers too.
---
I then introduced McVie to the guys. I told him that they are the ODDERs who I've been mentioning most of the time in my entries.
All of us were having a warm chit-chat when our heads turned to this very fat gay in a Queen Elizabeth sorta costume who has arrived with his entourage of angels. Of course! this is a gay event, so even though it wasn't a Black (Halloween) Party, there would always be divas who want to stand out in the crowd.
Later that night, Bes asked me if we could take pictures of him. So we then approached the Queen, paid our respects and requested if we could take his highness' portrait.
The queen granted our request.
We then went back to our tambay place to show the photos to the boys who were already there.
---
Shortly after we have taken the pics, Felipe, Mr. M and Promdi finally arrived.
Since Felipe and I have met in BED, before, introductions never really mattered anymore. Sabagay, everyday mo naman ba bantayan ang blog, it is as if we're very old friends already.
Since this is the first time I met him without the influence of alcohol, we had the priviledge to talk about his entries, our common friends and his SO.
I even got a free beer from them.
By 1 am, the rest of the ODDERs who confirmed their presence that night have arrived.
Konti lang kaming nagpakita, but we could already call it a major contingent. After waiting for 2 hours for XP to arrive since he would also be up with Promdi and McVie.
Dumating rin siya kasama ni Nate and Sonny.
Overboard, who made a scene in Malate several weeks ago, also showed up with his buddy. He said, they patched their difference and were happily living together again.
Bench, who was never a no-show during the Star Wars Contingent came with Julius, Glendel and Oliver. Carlo, who is the most artistically challenged among us was also there with his signature get-up.
And finally, there was Felix "Dakath". He was a member of our group ever since but this was the first time we saw him. Too bad, he came when ODDERs was already in its twilight.
---
I was so moved by the moment that in an impulse, I texted Rommel wishing that it would have been better if he was with us.
After all, we have always been a show during this kind of events, and most of the time, he was our organizer. It's been a year but none of us has the charisma to reach to all of us like he did before.
A moment later he replied back:
"I'll just live Malate through you."
And that was it... In between his words, I just felt a cold emptiness rushing deep within me.
---
I could very well remember that it was he who made our Malate nights fabulous. We used to terrorize bars with our huge numbers when we meet there. He may have his own agenda at Bath and Mister Piggy's but he is Omeng
And he connects us all.
This was the reason why, whenever I go party. Whenever we have a relatively big contingent or whenever there's in trouble among us, he'd always pops up in my mind
Wishing he was with us.
Tonight was a big moment for the group. If only he was here at the party, the experience would have been very very different.
---
It was already 1:30. I was busy crossing the street to hang out with the blogger boys on the other side and the Odders on the opposite.
I told them before I arrive that I won't stay that long, but because I was already enjoying the scene, ako naman ang ayaw na magpaawat.
The people kept arriving with no signs of thinning out. I saw a lot of familiar faces whom I've never seen in years.
I discovered that McVie was actually a great host, and Promdi a very interesting person. For the first time, I finally hanged out with the Manhood guys.
I never thought that this party would be much much better than last year.
And it was just the beginning.
It was 11 pm and the people had already started to converge in that famous street. After all, this is a once-in-a-year event. Everyone who wants to be known, who wants to have a good fuck, who wants to have a lover and who those are proud of who they are came at the very same place where I found my freedom
Malate.
---
As I remembered during my last conversation with XP, I told him that one reason why I will be boycotting this night is because I remember Omeng. This was our last party together before he left and after that, everything simply changed.
XP told me that we should in fact be celebrating. We should remember this day as if Meng-meng was here partying with us. The phone conversation ended without a firm committment on my part for this night. When XP texted me this afternoon, I made up my mind and told him that I won't leave the house.
Period.
However, Bes Dennis also texted me, telling me if would come to Malate or what. I gave the same answer. He simply replied
"I miss you bes"
But I didn't replied. After all, his no-show during the last contingents weakened us as a group And secretly, I was hurt because those were the moments we needed him.
At the same moment, I've realized that I had a promise to Omeng. That no matter what happens, I will be there to support the group that spawned us both.
And this is a good opportunity to call the people who are part of us.
So before 7 pm. I changed my mind.
I would be appearing after all.
---
Bes and I met at around 11:30. Migs was already there as well as Vermont.
The music was already blaring from the stage and I was beginning to suffocate while standing at the corner of Orosa and Nakpil.
I was beginning to suffocate because there were too many gays in the area. And I, on the fact can't stand that. Even the jumpacked BED wont match this magnitude.
Then suddenly, A friend of Migs arrived. He introduced me to the newcomer, which is a founder of a group in YG. I am a subscriber in that group so it was an honor to meet the guy who started it all.
I was having a subtle conversation with the guy when suddenly a familiar guy passed by. It was McVie and my first impulse was to hug and made an excuse why the hell I was there.
Siya naman, he was shouting "Liar, liar" in a jesty tone because of my proclamations in my last entry. Then we laughed, chatted a little, then he told me that Felipe, his bud, and Promdi will also be coming.
So tonight was not only an ODDERs' reunion but a reunion of gay bloggers too.
---
I then introduced McVie to the guys. I told him that they are the ODDERs who I've been mentioning most of the time in my entries.
All of us were having a warm chit-chat when our heads turned to this very fat gay in a Queen Elizabeth sorta costume who has arrived with his entourage of angels. Of course! this is a gay event, so even though it wasn't a Black (Halloween) Party, there would always be divas who want to stand out in the crowd.
Later that night, Bes asked me if we could take pictures of him. So we then approached the Queen, paid our respects and requested if we could take his highness' portrait.
The queen granted our request.
We then went back to our tambay place to show the photos to the boys who were already there.
---
Shortly after we have taken the pics, Felipe, Mr. M and Promdi finally arrived.
Since Felipe and I have met in BED, before, introductions never really mattered anymore. Sabagay, everyday mo naman ba bantayan ang blog, it is as if we're very old friends already.
Since this is the first time I met him without the influence of alcohol, we had the priviledge to talk about his entries, our common friends and his SO.
I even got a free beer from them.
By 1 am, the rest of the ODDERs who confirmed their presence that night have arrived.
Konti lang kaming nagpakita, but we could already call it a major contingent. After waiting for 2 hours for XP to arrive since he would also be up with Promdi and McVie.
Dumating rin siya kasama ni Nate and Sonny.
Overboard, who made a scene in Malate several weeks ago, also showed up with his buddy. He said, they patched their difference and were happily living together again.
Bench, who was never a no-show during the Star Wars Contingent came with Julius, Glendel and Oliver. Carlo, who is the most artistically challenged among us was also there with his signature get-up.
And finally, there was Felix "Dakath". He was a member of our group ever since but this was the first time we saw him. Too bad, he came when ODDERs was already in its twilight.
---
I was so moved by the moment that in an impulse, I texted Rommel wishing that it would have been better if he was with us.
After all, we have always been a show during this kind of events, and most of the time, he was our organizer. It's been a year but none of us has the charisma to reach to all of us like he did before.
A moment later he replied back:
"I'll just live Malate through you."
And that was it... In between his words, I just felt a cold emptiness rushing deep within me.
---
I could very well remember that it was he who made our Malate nights fabulous. We used to terrorize bars with our huge numbers when we meet there. He may have his own agenda at Bath and Mister Piggy's but he is Omeng
And he connects us all.
This was the reason why, whenever I go party. Whenever we have a relatively big contingent or whenever there's in trouble among us, he'd always pops up in my mind
Wishing he was with us.
Tonight was a big moment for the group. If only he was here at the party, the experience would have been very very different.
---
It was already 1:30. I was busy crossing the street to hang out with the blogger boys on the other side and the Odders on the opposite.
I told them before I arrive that I won't stay that long, but because I was already enjoying the scene, ako naman ang ayaw na magpaawat.
The people kept arriving with no signs of thinning out. I saw a lot of familiar faces whom I've never seen in years.
I discovered that McVie was actually a great host, and Promdi a very interesting person. For the first time, I finally hanged out with the Manhood guys.
I never thought that this party would be much much better than last year.
And it was just the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment