Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Voices from the Cosmos

The Depending

by pheryx

28 Oct 2004 - 12:19pm



said it one more time,

that it turned south,

facing south,

and shied away to a place

where it would hide,

where he could hide

and see.



spoke about it again

and it killed,

which startled him,

but somehow seemed normal;

he balanced again easily,

and all the voices

said it one more time:

don't give up.

But he gave up.



muted the thoughts

that explained the math,

muted the tones

of voice

that leaked from wounds,

and dribbled down

your gutter

until you stepped in it

and your shoes were soaked;

you spoke about that once

but he didn't hear.



shy like an elegant daughter,

new like his newness

was already classic,

quiet in his place,

sordid in his soiled morals,

he hides in that place

that somehow seems normal,

and waits.



---



whoever you are, I appreciate your poem. It was after one of my entries before. found it.

and with it, I looked back from where I came from.



It's been a long journey...



No comments: