Obsessive - Compulsive Disorder
Symptoms:
• large blocks of unexplained time
• persistent absence from work or school
• repetitive behavior
• constant questioning and need for reassurance
• simple tasks consistently taking longer than usual
• perpetual lateness
• increased concern over little things and details
• extreme emotional reactions to small things
• inability to sleep properly
• staying up late to get things done
• change in eating habits
• avoidance of certain things or situations
• daily life becomes a struggle
---
"Obsessions are unwanted, recurrent and unpleasant thoughts that cause anxiety. Compulsions are repetitive, ritualistic behaviors that the person feels driven to perform to decrease anxiety. The obsessive thoughts or acts of performing compulsive rituals often takes up many hours of each day.Although individuals with OCD may know that their thoughts and behaviours make no sense, they are compelled to continue them."
---
Thought those actions were quite ordinary... but lately I've realized that I've come to a point of moving towards the extremes.
Good thing my work involves research, at least the thought of understanding myself alleviated whatever feelings, or fears, or threats I am harboring these past few weeks.
At least I am now aware.
No comments:
Post a Comment