Monday, April 18, 2005

Friendly Skies

I am in the office right now. This is my first time I'll be sending a post to phankspace using our company's resources.

Like what I've said, the frigging strike almost paralyze our operations. Imagine, dumating ako dito walang layout artists. As in, kinabahan ako to the max, dahil hindi ko alam kung paano ilelead ang tatlong taong nandito sa work nung time na dumating ako.

Ang masaklap pa dito, press time na namin, dapat nasa kalagitnaan na kami ng work namin ng mga oras na dumating ako.

So as I precaution, I called Roselle, my former classmate and new soulmate if ever our layout masters won't arrive, I'd ask her to work for us in the meantime. I was also trying to contact kapatid na James since he knows how to use adobe pagemaker.

Sayang! raket na rin yun.

Buti na lang, our three layout people arrived before 5 pm. So kahit paano nahabol rin namin yung mga trabaho. Nakakaawa nga yung Managing Editor namin eh, she's not recieving any compensation from this company but she reported for work kahit na medyo meron siyang hindi nararamdamang mabuti sa katawan niya. I believe this is what you call labor of love!

Anyway, the lesson here is that I should learn how to use that software too! As the "caretaker" of this "empire" I think I should learn myself all its inner workings so that I could at least take over one of the responsibilities of our staff if ever they can't report for work. Hirap kasi sakin, masyado ako nasanay maging bossing dito sa office eh. No matter how I try to empathize with them, somehow, there is always a clear mark that separates me from them.

I think it would always be that way.

---

Had a good and long conversation with Paldeng.

Bud! Thanks sa tawag mo. It really relieved the pressure. Hope to see you soon, stay happy and fab ha. Just like what I've told you, you're my only connection to Omeng.

---

So back here in the office, nag-abono ulit ako para sa cash advance ng mga tao. Hirap talaga ng economic situation dito sa bansa. We are extremely affected by it. Aaminin ko minsan, hindi ko talaga makita ang point bakit kelangan ko magsakripisyo para dito. Bakit nagsasakripsyo ang mga tao namin para sa enterprise na ito na wala naman talagang malinaw na future na patutunguhan.

I should have been proudly calling myself boss ever since I took over this company, pero ni sa loob ko, di ko matanggap na ako na talaga at wala ng iba. Everyone calls me sir, or boss. But in me, I just can't accept such notion since I haven't even proved anything yet to them.

Perhaps, when I have learned to use the pagemaker... when I have closed the newspaper on my own. The moment some neophyte politician acknowledges me as their media link. The moment we can finally declare this company is stable.

Perhaps, when I have become one with this business,

that is the only time I can finally call myself

the boss.

No comments: