Friday, April 30, 2004

Miracles

We weathered a potentially disastrous storm today even before it actually landed. The Finance Manager, after countless plea, diplomatic explanation and prayers decided to come to the office and continue the work she left yesterday. I was actually uninterested to report today after what happened yesterday, but with my mom's enlightening explanation, I gathered whatever guts I left and made an appearance to the Financial Department, assuring everyone that everything will be ok.

The office was full of tension when I arrived. The accounting department was frantic about what to do and how to manage and damage control everything. The editorial department was extremely weary, they were expecting that they would feel my outrage sooner in the afternoon.

I was there for one reason - some elements from the rival department were encouraging the vile ex-accounting officer to make her presence felt and eventually claim the position she was aspiring for from the very start. I saw her this afternoon, deep inside I was furious but at the same time, feel pity to the lady.

"Sa panaginip ka lang makakaupo jan" I told to myself as I looked upon the Finance Manager's empty chair, while hoping and praying that she would eventually report to the office late in the afternoon.

Last night, while phanks and I were in the motmot, as I shivered and groveled from the pain, sickness and depression I was experiencing, I made a promise to God that if ever we would survive this crisis victoriously, I would forgive everyone who caused this conflict. In times of hopelessness, I've learned to ask for Divine Assistance, and last night it was the last card I had in my deck.

At 1:30, I decided to talk to my dad and forgive everything he have done last night. Of course, I never told that directly, but the mere fact I showed him cordiality as he explained his side means that we're already ok. I told him that next time, let me handle the petty squabbling that frequently happens between the two departments.

An hour later, the Finance Manager arrived.

Out of happiness and relief, I was close to hugging her. But I was also aware that such thing would cast a bad light on me. Besides, I've never known a boss who showed such glimpses of humanity. I gave her a tight handshake and a smile to show her my endless gratitude. Eventually, she managed to resolve every problem we were facing that morning. Late in the afternoon, the production manager, which is my dad's sister called to show her support and gratitude to her return.

Before I left the office, the Managing Editor asked me to have a heart to heart talk with her. She wanted to explain her side and those who were involved in this conflict. Of course, she was maligning every account we've heard since last night but since I had a promise to forgive everyone and take this crisis as a lesson instead of hatred, I simply explained my point and told her clearly that their mistake was, instead of directing the problem to me, they directed such minor problem to the President himself. Being gullible to flare-ups and sporadic reactions, the 100-peso blew out of epic proportions.

I left the office relieved and very happy. Somehow, out of humility and prayers, the request of tens of people were answered. For now, an uneasy peace will rule the company but I think it's better that way than to face a disaster head on, broken and divided.

---

Last night, while I was suffering from a very high fever. Phanks hugged me very tightly the whole time we were sleeping together. He was so worried and at the same time so caring while I was trying to let him feel that I'm still ok. Once again, I've proven that our relationship doesn't revolved on dates, gimmicks, and sex alone. In times of great distress such as yesterday, he was there all the time to accompany and make me feel a little better.

---

Koppy arrived this evening surprising James at Quattro. We were all shocked and at the same time happy for hsi unexpected return. Looking at James' eyes, you will see how blissful he is. I've never seen him this happy the whole time I knew him. Closing my eyes, I imagine them naked and peacefully sleeping this morning. Probably James is the one embracing Koppy. How I wished such moments would be captured for them to see. After all, happy stories such as these only comes rarely.

---

Marvin was somewhat depressed when I saw him at Bed this morning. I don't know if it was just a preconceived judgement after seeing Toinks consoling him the whole time. I saw everything, and I saw what happened... The important thing is that at least, Marvin found solace from Pao, in this time of need.

Pasensya na kapatid, alam kong malungkot ka at gusto kitang saluhin... pero alam kong may higit sa akin na nakakaintindi sa sitwasyon na hinaharap mo ngayon. Malaking pasalamat ko na nandun siya kanina.

---

And lastly, I saw Topz' bud in Malate this morning. He's far more whammy in person than in his picture, besides Topz is right. He's definitely and SMK and his attitude when he met Topz reflects my initial impressions on him.

After several weeks, I've finally established a conversation with Fyro. It's like talking to a long lost friend once again.

And I'm very happy that such opportunity was given to me tonight.

---

I consider everything that happened to me today as miracles - not as those we read in dogmatic scriptures or see in television, but miracles that goes beyond the literal definition of it.

I'm weak when in comes to my religious affliation but I do believe that there's a higher power that guides everything that happens to us in one day. Such manifestations like what I've shared in my entry only reinforces my keys in attaining happiness.

By showing humility, we are exalted. By expressing good intentions while we ask for favors, many times our request is granted. By appreciating very very little things, somehow we feel very big. It not works all the time, but with hope and a little optimism... sooner or later, a moment's happiness would come down to us.

No wonder, I am a believer.


===

PLU Tips #1. Saliva, can be a very effective lubricant.

No comments: