Friday, October 8, 2004

The Nth Cash-Rush Madness

On my fifth day of work, I started contemplating about money... again.

This time, it's about ensuring my family's survival. It's great that starting october 30, I'd be getting twice the amount of salary I'm earning these last four months, provided that sikyu agency would still support me.

I hope and pray that Life would give me a break this time.

---

Honestly, I've been teaching myself to be content and happy with what I have. But if there's one question I'd ask God when I talk to Him, I'd ask the Creator how would I teach myself to be secure... I do understand that I can't get what I really wanted (since I'm sure that I'd probably ask for more when I finally get it), but just in case... I really needed a financial backer, one that would allow us to survive and live comfortably for the rest of our lives.

I've been banking on my sister lately to do well in school and graduate on time. She's still two years ahead of graduation so I hope that she'd make it before mom retires from work. As for me, the salary I will be getting is just the same amount I'm getting from my dad's company. Alone, it is insufficient, and besides I'm sure that it would not contain me in the long run. Right now, I'm already planning up measures to boost my bank's balance and get back to the point where it crashed last june.

---

At work, one big huddle that I will have to face is that my job requires a lot of overtiming - read... OVERTIMING. Aside from that, we have work even on Saturdays. That's why its kinda badtrip sometimes. Good thing, James' bud works with the same set up. At least, I'm not alone with this flight, someone in Zambales is being "exploited" this way.

But seriously, I am still looking forward to the job itself - no matter how brain draining it could be. It requires so much meticulocity that one might find his brain falling off the ground as he try to sort out individual data from the gigabase.

We have spent the last two days just studying the specifications of the job, thrice we had a break because the computer and our brains just can't absorb all the information that was given.

---

Oh well, time to relax and play sims 2 again. These days, a lot of my free time is spent by either browsing the internet or playing sims or sleeping. Thank God, I still arrive on time for work... Thank God that my family, buddy and the rest of my loved ones are safe and away from harm. Thank God my dad's two businesses is still operating.

I shouldn't be complaining too much. I know, my life would be stuck more in a box as my new work becomes complicated... But I will earn money. I should... think like that.

Others will say that I'm greedy. In fact, greed has actually consumed me, I just don't want to accept the truth.

But when I think about my family - my mom and my sister. I think It's not really greed that have eaten me, its my own fear that drives me crazy; So much insecurity taught me one big deal about life.

That it's better to be responsible now, than to be self centered for the rest of your life.

No comments: