Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Eternally Bracing For Impact

I always start my work by reading Conrado De Quiros' columm. It's like my bible and my inspiration before jumping in a void of shambled papers and disgorged files.

Surprisingly, the popoy session I had with phanks made me feel better. Although I was somehow lucid the whole morning till 3 pm, I've managed to beat my record and delivered more outputs today, with still an energy to spare for accompanying phanks home.

When I saw him this evening, it's like we're both brimming with a light aura. He even teased me on our way home. And the negative thoughts I've been harboring last week has completely subsided. sex lang pala ang katapat ng lahat.

I was correct when I've claimed how mutually assuring intimate moments are. Damn are those who says that platonic will make a relationship survive long. Those who claims that are either dead or robots.

---

Reading the blogs, I checked out on James' after he declared that he'll try to update his journal often. I was surprised on how swift his improvements are when it comes to his style and the way he expresses himself.

Although, the james-centric trademark still remains, but somehow I am beginning to see those deeper feelings he hides in his writing. It's either a product of solitude, or his confusions and dilemmas in life made him write even better.

---

Life was quite light to me today, except when I went home and found out that mom's neck is bulging again.

Kaya pala kagabi eh parang sobrang hinang-hina siya. She seems to be hiding something last night when I went home. Yun pala eh sobrang sakit ng kulani niya.

Which made me worried...

tonight.

Heto, I'll be withdrawing cash for her to buy that ginseng that made the swell heal. She was quite hesitant at first on my offer, telling me that I'd loose money. I said it's better than rushing you to the hospital and probably having an operation.

It's better this way. I'm having a lot of burdens already to accomodate such scenario.

---

And whenever I find a time to think about tomorrow, I still contemplate on whatever future that's in store for me.

Before, I see myself just steps away from achieving it. But now, everything seems so far away. Ironic nga eh. I was proclaiming some months ago how better it is to be single and free, but if you check on my state right now, I'm already grooming myself to be the primary breadwinner of the household. It means less luxury for me now, and more focus on saving/spending on household expenses.

If only I can bring along phanks to live with me... we'll live as a family... as partners in life...

---

It would be 10 days before I get my first salary in my new company. It's quite small compared to what the ODDER peeps are earning, but if you'd combine the salary I'm getting in my dad's surviving company, I can support the whole household by myself.

Secretly, I keep all my worries well kept in my heart. We've survived before, and the chances of surviving now is bigger, now that I have an independent salary provider. From what I see right now, this would be the saddest and hardest Christmas I'll be spending in my life.

Slowly, I am starting to accept the reality that everything can happen... and the worst life can throw at me is lingering just around the corner.

Still, preparations are underway... hopefully when it strikes, I am ready.

No comments: