Unlike when I was on the third day of training from my last job in a call center.
----
We started this day by actually working on our project. Our task is to validate whether the data given to us by our client has an e-mail address or not. Yes, we are researchers, that's our job description, and honestly, the job we did a while ago was more of netsurfing than actually researching at all. (except of course moi, I'm a trained uzi so I did read the websites we've been visiting.)
I told myself yesterday that I should not to be bibo whenever I'm in the office. Pero I can't shut my mouth since I'm really curious about my job. It's like I want to have an assurance/I still have a hang-over from my bossy days. Ang hirap tol, it's like I'm trying to contradict my nature.
And mom warned me about politics. I just hope that I still hasn't messed up my image despite the craps I did while working this afternoon.
Pero the job is really nice. Katuwa talaga! But it's draining. I never thought my brain will fall off by just searching through web pages the whole day.
---
Medyo nabadtrip ako sa kasama ko.
Sensya na pero mahina ang tolerance ko, whenever someone pronounce words the wrong way. I know, that I should understand her background. Pero jusko, sobra naman ata kung mismong salitang Wisconsin eh hindi mo mabanggit ng tama. At wag ka, I kept on pronouncing the word the proper way. Ewan ko ba kung nakikinig ang loka o nagpipilit na tama ang sa kanya.
Hehehe, sabay pareho palang mali ang pronounciation namin ah! Kahiya.
---
But seriously, I will exert a great deal of effort adjusting to the people I have to work with. I have to adapt to their lifestyle, I have to learn to shut my mouth even if I find myself right and them wrong. Anyway, I will start working alone the moment I get my own PC. I just hope I didn't piss them off by the way I relate to these people.
You know politics, it's a dirty game and no one is spared the moment its light is cast upon you.
---
But there are two good things that happened today at work.
First, our output was twice as much as those from the other group. Kahit na medyo asar ako sa pagpronounce niya ng mga english words, She is a good teamplayer. Yun nga lang, pati mag-type at dumiskarte sa search engine eh paling rin. But who knows, she might improve better than me in the long run. Grammar pa lang, bagsak na ako. Hers might be better.
Second, I met one of the bosses in the company. His name is ___. He looks cute, cool and boyish. Crush ko na nga eh. Lolz, pero hindi PLU yun. I'm sure meron nang pamilya yung boss naming yun. But he seems so approachable like our supervisors, plus we seem to have the same background coming from another "world." Yun nga lang, boss siya, while I have to adapt a more humble existence.
Which I have to constantly remind myself while I am still starting...
I enjoy the job and somehow understand how it works. It challenges me to do my best, not just to impress my bosses but to show those companies who rejected me before that I can be the best in my field. Actually, I really don't care about promotions... as long as the company feels that I am its asset and my co-workers are satisfied with the level of understanding and compassion I have with them, then I will be happy with that.
You see, working in a new company is like starting a new relationship which began with sex. Makikilala mo pa lang siya eh magbuddy na kayo. I know, adjusting would take time. Kung hindi lang talaga malapit na mag-christmas, at kung hindi lang ako dala magjobhunting, probably the thoughts of backing out would be stronger, than the urge to settle down.
Right now, I am content and happy... I am growing from the experience and I am challenged to do my best. I just hope I will not burn out soon.
---
And yeah, staring at the PC tonight makes me wanna puke. More than 8 hours na ako nasa harap ng PC!!!
----
We started this day by actually working on our project. Our task is to validate whether the data given to us by our client has an e-mail address or not. Yes, we are researchers, that's our job description, and honestly, the job we did a while ago was more of netsurfing than actually researching at all. (except of course moi, I'm a trained uzi so I did read the websites we've been visiting.)
I told myself yesterday that I should not to be bibo whenever I'm in the office. Pero I can't shut my mouth since I'm really curious about my job. It's like I want to have an assurance/I still have a hang-over from my bossy days. Ang hirap tol, it's like I'm trying to contradict my nature.
And mom warned me about politics. I just hope that I still hasn't messed up my image despite the craps I did while working this afternoon.
Pero the job is really nice. Katuwa talaga! But it's draining. I never thought my brain will fall off by just searching through web pages the whole day.
---
Medyo nabadtrip ako sa kasama ko.
Sensya na pero mahina ang tolerance ko, whenever someone pronounce words the wrong way. I know, that I should understand her background. Pero jusko, sobra naman ata kung mismong salitang Wisconsin eh hindi mo mabanggit ng tama. At wag ka, I kept on pronouncing the word the proper way. Ewan ko ba kung nakikinig ang loka o nagpipilit na tama ang sa kanya.
Hehehe, sabay pareho palang mali ang pronounciation namin ah! Kahiya.
---
But seriously, I will exert a great deal of effort adjusting to the people I have to work with. I have to adapt to their lifestyle, I have to learn to shut my mouth even if I find myself right and them wrong. Anyway, I will start working alone the moment I get my own PC. I just hope I didn't piss them off by the way I relate to these people.
You know politics, it's a dirty game and no one is spared the moment its light is cast upon you.
---
But there are two good things that happened today at work.
First, our output was twice as much as those from the other group. Kahit na medyo asar ako sa pagpronounce niya ng mga english words, She is a good teamplayer. Yun nga lang, pati mag-type at dumiskarte sa search engine eh paling rin. But who knows, she might improve better than me in the long run. Grammar pa lang, bagsak na ako. Hers might be better.
Second, I met one of the bosses in the company. His name is ___. He looks cute, cool and boyish. Crush ko na nga eh. Lolz, pero hindi PLU yun. I'm sure meron nang pamilya yung boss naming yun. But he seems so approachable like our supervisors, plus we seem to have the same background coming from another "world." Yun nga lang, boss siya, while I have to adapt a more humble existence.
Which I have to constantly remind myself while I am still starting...
I enjoy the job and somehow understand how it works. It challenges me to do my best, not just to impress my bosses but to show those companies who rejected me before that I can be the best in my field. Actually, I really don't care about promotions... as long as the company feels that I am its asset and my co-workers are satisfied with the level of understanding and compassion I have with them, then I will be happy with that.
You see, working in a new company is like starting a new relationship which began with sex. Makikilala mo pa lang siya eh magbuddy na kayo. I know, adjusting would take time. Kung hindi lang talaga malapit na mag-christmas, at kung hindi lang ako dala magjobhunting, probably the thoughts of backing out would be stronger, than the urge to settle down.
Right now, I am content and happy... I am growing from the experience and I am challenged to do my best. I just hope I will not burn out soon.
---
And yeah, staring at the PC tonight makes me wanna puke. More than 8 hours na ako nasa harap ng PC!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment