Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ferris Wheel Ride

All was silent when I came to the office late this afternoon.

Actually, I wasn't so sure what happened. But I chose not to know everything because the truth will hurt me even more. I wasn't planning to go to work. In fact, the only thing that I'm really excited about was the pre-housewarming party called off by the fabulous divas of the OUTsiders.

But there are still a few things I am good at, and it's making people talk out the conflicts they have against each other. The whole afternoon, I was moderating a meeting between the head of the Advertising and Editorial Department. The lessons I've learned from working in the Ad Agency truly is pricesless, for it is there I get the examples and understandings I share with the people who listens and accepts me as their leader.

Despite the trouble and endless babblings. I hope both parties understood their mistakes. It's quite hard to fix misunderstandings and personal vendettas but right at this moment, it's the only thing I've been really good at.

Before I left the company premises, I saw the Finance Manager, weary and haggard. It seems like she's fighting a lone battle which I cannot give my full support. Only acknowledgements that despite her failures, I am still concerned with what she's been up to... That I am still trying to help her gain support from my dad's only sister and production manager.

And I knew that our bank indeed closed our account this afternoon. And the company is back to near zero, just where we all started a year ago.

---

For the first time, I had a heart to heart talk with my dad. I told him how much I felt useless in all these problems - that I see myself in a situation where I cannot even move a finger. Ever since I've seated in my position right now in the office, I tried to prepare myself for the worst thing that could ever happen in our empire - to seat in my dad's position if something bad happened to him.

Weird how things change: Before, I was extremely confident that I could manage everything despite his absence. But the challenges and pressures that come to us makes me realize that as I grow older, as I learn more about the inner workings of the company, the more I cannot take his seat as the President. That my own guts doesn't even reach his very legs.

I could say a thousand regrets about my father in this entry alone, but when it comes to big big troubles, he still manages to show his strength. I am perfectly sure that he's much more afraid than I do, but when I see how he makes sure he doesn't show his fears makes me admire him even more. He may be a lousy dad, but his strength of character especially in times like these, shows how much he is a father to me.

If I saw those traits a long time ago, perhaps I would not have to look for it in other men, thus in turn wouldn't turn me to a PLU looking for a big brother, a stronger guy who would be by my side to protect me.

He might never read this post, but for the first time, I admit how unprepared and unseasoned I am to be of the same caliber such as him.

---

We had a minor fight with my bud this evening and it's about a girl I've been very jealous of. Tangina, nakikipagkumpetensya ako sa kepyas and Meng Meng was right, why should I, in the first place, I don't have one to even challenge her.

My point is, I am extremely jealous because we are in the relationship and despite everything, we're still covered by our commitment and it includes even the kepyas gender.

What if I do the same, what if I pretend to have an interest with a kepyas, would phanks react the same?

---

Finally, I am very much relieve to see some of the ODDERs again. For two weeks the space between the boys have been silence, yet tonight we rocked the bachelor's pad. I do hope it would become our new headquarters. After all, I do enjoy hanging out with these guys. I don't care if I would become a diva one day, as long as I am with my family, the only people I would really want to live a lifetime with (aside from phanks), I'll do my best to preserve everything we have worked for the last two years of my existence as a PLU.

Kampai mga wapo, kampai!!!

No comments: