I left home at around 7 in the morning to drop by in Recto to have my pictures taken. At 8:30 am, I boarded an fx going to Ortigas to submit my resume to my prime target:
Sykes Asia
Since they were entertaining initial interviews, I was given a slot also that morning. The interview went well but conversing in straight english used up all of my mental energies. I was lucky to be invite for the exam in the afternoon. They told me to eat my lunch and return back at 1 pm.
During the course of the interview, I found some co-applicants like me. They were all girls and for a moment, I did enjoy their company. We went to Equitable Tower behind Robinsons Galleria to submit our application in some events organizing company. Then they all agreed to try their luck with
Convergys
So we went to the other side of the building and submit our resume to the HR Officer.
It's the same system, they paneled interview us, asked a lot of things about ourselves but since most of the HR persons were gays - jolly gays, we felt at ease talking to them.
Again, I was asked to return in the afternoon to take the exam since I passed the initial interview.
But Convergy's schedule would conflict with Sykes, so I made an alibi requesting Convergys to reschedule my exams since "I would fetch my mom" that afternoon. Fortunately they asked me if I would like to take the exam in the evening, better late than never, I cordially accepted their alternative.
By this time, it was already 12:30 in the afternoon. The venue of the Sykes exam was at the other end of San Mig Avenue. To avoid arriving late, I decided to take a cab back to Sykes and completely forget eating a heavy meal.
I taught myself to be content with some donuts I bought at Mister Donuts. Tired and hungry, time was already running against me. Running towards the elevater and into the Sykes' lounge, I've learned that the exam will be postponed by an hour. Taking this opportunity, I decided to take a nap in an effort to recover some energies I've spent talking with Recruitment officers.
The exams in Sykes was a bit difficult, especially the abstract test. After answering all the questions, the proctor called 4 examinees. By this time, I had this feeling that they were the only ones who passed the test but to my surprised, they were the ones who were booted out. We made it through the next and final level of interviews for today in Sykes.
I know, I answered very confidently to the interviewer. But she only told me to wait for their call later this week.
Sykes Asia
Since they were entertaining initial interviews, I was given a slot also that morning. The interview went well but conversing in straight english used up all of my mental energies. I was lucky to be invite for the exam in the afternoon. They told me to eat my lunch and return back at 1 pm.
During the course of the interview, I found some co-applicants like me. They were all girls and for a moment, I did enjoy their company. We went to Equitable Tower behind Robinsons Galleria to submit our application in some events organizing company. Then they all agreed to try their luck with
Convergys
So we went to the other side of the building and submit our resume to the HR Officer.
It's the same system, they paneled interview us, asked a lot of things about ourselves but since most of the HR persons were gays - jolly gays, we felt at ease talking to them.
Again, I was asked to return in the afternoon to take the exam since I passed the initial interview.
But Convergy's schedule would conflict with Sykes, so I made an alibi requesting Convergys to reschedule my exams since "I would fetch my mom" that afternoon. Fortunately they asked me if I would like to take the exam in the evening, better late than never, I cordially accepted their alternative.
By this time, it was already 12:30 in the afternoon. The venue of the Sykes exam was at the other end of San Mig Avenue. To avoid arriving late, I decided to take a cab back to Sykes and completely forget eating a heavy meal.
I taught myself to be content with some donuts I bought at Mister Donuts. Tired and hungry, time was already running against me. Running towards the elevater and into the Sykes' lounge, I've learned that the exam will be postponed by an hour. Taking this opportunity, I decided to take a nap in an effort to recover some energies I've spent talking with Recruitment officers.
The exams in Sykes was a bit difficult, especially the abstract test. After answering all the questions, the proctor called 4 examinees. By this time, I had this feeling that they were the only ones who passed the test but to my surprised, they were the ones who were booted out. We made it through the next and final level of interviews for today in Sykes.
I know, I answered very confidently to the interviewer. But she only told me to wait for their call later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment