It is done...
For days, I was trying to run away from the problems that hampered our family business. It pushed me towards isolating myself from everyone, only to leave my room if I have to meet phanks.
I desperately tried avoiding to have any connection with the business... and yes, included my dad because I am tired... and weary from all the endless intrigues and palakasan system that hamper us from resolving the problem directly at the point.
I am really fucked up with all that is happening. And realizing my incapacities made me run away from everything.
In fact, I was about to prepare my resume, hoping... that I would find a new world... and a new freedom far away from the clutches of the institution I am serving right now.
But alas... the problem had reached me, it landed right in front of my home's doorstep.
---
The Finance Manager, out of frustration and helplessness called me asking if I could spare a time to meet her. She would like to visit me at home and talk about the problems that we are facing in the company.
Halfheartedly, I allowed her to come. I could not run from everything anymore, and at that moment, I've realized that I have to face my fears once and for all. I have to overcome it despite the doubts and tremendous insecurities that knocks my soul.
Several minutes after, my mom called me asking if I'm home so she could buy me a pasalubong. I told her that Ms. Delia would come and present to me the problems.
I know my mom, also tired of being involved in the company problems would like to avoid it too, yet to my surprise, she came home just as the Finance Manager and I would start the meeting.
It was a great relief I tell you. Talking to mature people still gives me the creeps, Thank God, my mom came to contribute her inputs as to what we can do to for strategies for the company "crisis."
---
The meeting took several hours, and the things we've talked about revolves around the intrigues that some staffs would circulate just to be close to my dad.
They knew dad to be a sucker for it, and they do everything they can so that they can be noticed.
Believe me, If I wasn't there to manage all those information/intrigues that reaches me everyday, the company will be in total chaos. That's one of the reason's why I have to quit my PR Writing career. There's to much trouble in the office and I know, I can manage it fairly well if I made myself more present in the office.
We talked about my dad's shortcomings and how we could put it to our advantage. I have to admit, working with him is a challenge. Employees who grew in a rigid corporate environment would never survive his management - and that's the reason why I really want to leave our company and try my luck elsewhere - I want to try something new, something more efficient, something more stable.
I'm a sucker for stability, but life doesn't allow me even to enjoy a year of it.
---
I would do everything for harmony - even to boot someone out of the office just to have it.
---
We ended the meeting, the Finance Manager feeling somewhat refreshed and inspired by my mom's words. Everyone knows (except my dad) how much she is willing to sacrifice for the company. The problem with dad is that he don't know his key persons. He tends to listen to those who would part him juicy intrigues, yet he would not analyze the problem at all.
He doesn't value the people who sacrifice a great deal of their efforts for him, instead, he completely relies to those people who would lick his big, smelly ass just to be in his "untouchable" circle.
---
After the Finance Manager left, I felt a strange eerie feeling that the meeting was an omen. I am not sure what the message is, but it made me realize that there's no escape at all. It's either I resolve this in one piece, or be swallowed by an impeding maelstrom that is about to destroy us all.
The cards are being laid already, all I have to do is play it well.
For days, I was trying to run away from the problems that hampered our family business. It pushed me towards isolating myself from everyone, only to leave my room if I have to meet phanks.
I desperately tried avoiding to have any connection with the business... and yes, included my dad because I am tired... and weary from all the endless intrigues and palakasan system that hamper us from resolving the problem directly at the point.
I am really fucked up with all that is happening. And realizing my incapacities made me run away from everything.
In fact, I was about to prepare my resume, hoping... that I would find a new world... and a new freedom far away from the clutches of the institution I am serving right now.
But alas... the problem had reached me, it landed right in front of my home's doorstep.
---
The Finance Manager, out of frustration and helplessness called me asking if I could spare a time to meet her. She would like to visit me at home and talk about the problems that we are facing in the company.
Halfheartedly, I allowed her to come. I could not run from everything anymore, and at that moment, I've realized that I have to face my fears once and for all. I have to overcome it despite the doubts and tremendous insecurities that knocks my soul.
Several minutes after, my mom called me asking if I'm home so she could buy me a pasalubong. I told her that Ms. Delia would come and present to me the problems.
I know my mom, also tired of being involved in the company problems would like to avoid it too, yet to my surprise, she came home just as the Finance Manager and I would start the meeting.
It was a great relief I tell you. Talking to mature people still gives me the creeps, Thank God, my mom came to contribute her inputs as to what we can do to for strategies for the company "crisis."
---
The meeting took several hours, and the things we've talked about revolves around the intrigues that some staffs would circulate just to be close to my dad.
They knew dad to be a sucker for it, and they do everything they can so that they can be noticed.
Believe me, If I wasn't there to manage all those information/intrigues that reaches me everyday, the company will be in total chaos. That's one of the reason's why I have to quit my PR Writing career. There's to much trouble in the office and I know, I can manage it fairly well if I made myself more present in the office.
We talked about my dad's shortcomings and how we could put it to our advantage. I have to admit, working with him is a challenge. Employees who grew in a rigid corporate environment would never survive his management - and that's the reason why I really want to leave our company and try my luck elsewhere - I want to try something new, something more efficient, something more stable.
I'm a sucker for stability, but life doesn't allow me even to enjoy a year of it.
---
I would do everything for harmony - even to boot someone out of the office just to have it.
---
We ended the meeting, the Finance Manager feeling somewhat refreshed and inspired by my mom's words. Everyone knows (except my dad) how much she is willing to sacrifice for the company. The problem with dad is that he don't know his key persons. He tends to listen to those who would part him juicy intrigues, yet he would not analyze the problem at all.
He doesn't value the people who sacrifice a great deal of their efforts for him, instead, he completely relies to those people who would lick his big, smelly ass just to be in his "untouchable" circle.
---
After the Finance Manager left, I felt a strange eerie feeling that the meeting was an omen. I am not sure what the message is, but it made me realize that there's no escape at all. It's either I resolve this in one piece, or be swallowed by an impeding maelstrom that is about to destroy us all.
The cards are being laid already, all I have to do is play it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment