A girl-friend I met earlier also took the exams. Since her friends were still at Convergys, we decided to take a 15-minute walk back to Equitable since we're already having a nice conversation about our lives.
I found out that we're on the same situation right now - being the breadwinner of her family really puts the pressure on her to find a higher-paying job. She was a graduate of PUP a couple of years ago and like me... it's her first time to try this career.
So we walked along San Mig Ave, hoping to find a Mini-Stop Store to buy Red Bull for me. I was already sagging, worried that I might not answer the questions on the next exam in that state. We saw her friends crossing our direction near Discovery Suites. Her friends told me how the exam went in Convergys and from their experience, the exam was very hard.
Since it was just 4 pm when we reached Equitable, her friend told me to join them as they submit their resume at Ambergris. Taking this opportunity (since I was submitting my resume to various call centers this morning) I also submitted my C.V., not sure what position I'll apply in their company.
Indeed, Ambergris is really a nerve wracking experience. They have exceeded all my expectations in work environment alone. The interview was a complete disaster, as I began to feel nervous while the serious, melancholic interviewer started to ask some questions about me.
Virtually, I messed things up, put myself into shame and saw how small I was in a big and funky company that is Ambergris. The interviewer told me to wait for their call on Friday, however, if they fail to call me, it means that I am out of the race. Looking at how terrorizing the place is, I think I'll pass Ambergris in my Call Center experiment.
---
Tired, Sleepy and Alone, I dragged myself back to Convergys to take the exams at 6. There was no time to rest or take a nap as it was already past 5 when I got there. Instead, I tried to mingle with co-examiners hoping that I would feel at ease with them.
You see, one of the perks of applying for a job is meeting fellow applicants like you. It's always a good relief to find strangers who walk your way, making you comfortable knowing that you're not alone in your plight.
Anyway, the Convergys exams was different from the exams I've taken so far. It was a practical exam, where they would already expose you in a call center environment. It was difficult especially if you'll realize that if you ever pass the exam, you would be the one talking to the simulation client on the PC Software.
During the first part alone, I was expecting myself to be booted out. I'm not sure with my answers but miraculously, I passed the test. The second one, which is data encoding and e-mail responding was very easy. I was perfectly confident that I'll pass the second round... but
They failed me.
I failed not knowing where I got wrong.
Bitter and disappointed, I thanked them for the wonderful simulation they have. That was the closest thing I've ever experienced in the call center career. Unfortunately, Convergys wasn't my call.
Puffing my last cigarette, drained and in the point of emptiness. I quietly boarded the bus going home.
All in all, I submitted 4 resumes today in different companies. Out of the 4, three interviewed me on the spot, all of them call centers. Out of the three call centers, two asked me to take the exam at once. But at the end
Ambergris was a disaster and a sure-fire failure.
I am left hanging at Sykes... my last best hope for a Call Center Career.
And I lost bitterly, defending my turf in Convergys. I know, I'm correct with my answers but I failed.
Ending this entry, I felt a new surge of home and fear in what I am venturing right now. The morning before I left, I barely knew how to communicate with someone in pure english. When I got home, I was still speaking accented english to my mom.
Oh well, all I've ever wanted is freedom and security. If Sykes would end up also as a failure... then so it be. I'm sure, there's still life out there. I could gain my freedom soon.
But for now, I have to rest my body already. I'm already drained.
I found out that we're on the same situation right now - being the breadwinner of her family really puts the pressure on her to find a higher-paying job. She was a graduate of PUP a couple of years ago and like me... it's her first time to try this career.
So we walked along San Mig Ave, hoping to find a Mini-Stop Store to buy Red Bull for me. I was already sagging, worried that I might not answer the questions on the next exam in that state. We saw her friends crossing our direction near Discovery Suites. Her friends told me how the exam went in Convergys and from their experience, the exam was very hard.
Since it was just 4 pm when we reached Equitable, her friend told me to join them as they submit their resume at Ambergris. Taking this opportunity (since I was submitting my resume to various call centers this morning) I also submitted my C.V., not sure what position I'll apply in their company.
Indeed, Ambergris is really a nerve wracking experience. They have exceeded all my expectations in work environment alone. The interview was a complete disaster, as I began to feel nervous while the serious, melancholic interviewer started to ask some questions about me.
Virtually, I messed things up, put myself into shame and saw how small I was in a big and funky company that is Ambergris. The interviewer told me to wait for their call on Friday, however, if they fail to call me, it means that I am out of the race. Looking at how terrorizing the place is, I think I'll pass Ambergris in my Call Center experiment.
---
Tired, Sleepy and Alone, I dragged myself back to Convergys to take the exams at 6. There was no time to rest or take a nap as it was already past 5 when I got there. Instead, I tried to mingle with co-examiners hoping that I would feel at ease with them.
You see, one of the perks of applying for a job is meeting fellow applicants like you. It's always a good relief to find strangers who walk your way, making you comfortable knowing that you're not alone in your plight.
Anyway, the Convergys exams was different from the exams I've taken so far. It was a practical exam, where they would already expose you in a call center environment. It was difficult especially if you'll realize that if you ever pass the exam, you would be the one talking to the simulation client on the PC Software.
During the first part alone, I was expecting myself to be booted out. I'm not sure with my answers but miraculously, I passed the test. The second one, which is data encoding and e-mail responding was very easy. I was perfectly confident that I'll pass the second round... but
They failed me.
I failed not knowing where I got wrong.
Bitter and disappointed, I thanked them for the wonderful simulation they have. That was the closest thing I've ever experienced in the call center career. Unfortunately, Convergys wasn't my call.
Puffing my last cigarette, drained and in the point of emptiness. I quietly boarded the bus going home.
All in all, I submitted 4 resumes today in different companies. Out of the 4, three interviewed me on the spot, all of them call centers. Out of the three call centers, two asked me to take the exam at once. But at the end
Ambergris was a disaster and a sure-fire failure.
I am left hanging at Sykes... my last best hope for a Call Center Career.
And I lost bitterly, defending my turf in Convergys. I know, I'm correct with my answers but I failed.
Ending this entry, I felt a new surge of home and fear in what I am venturing right now. The morning before I left, I barely knew how to communicate with someone in pure english. When I got home, I was still speaking accented english to my mom.
Oh well, all I've ever wanted is freedom and security. If Sykes would end up also as a failure... then so it be. I'm sure, there's still life out there. I could gain my freedom soon.
But for now, I have to rest my body already. I'm already drained.
No comments:
Post a Comment