Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Eagle Without Wings

They taught me how to fly
when things we're better off for me
and I soared high above
when they were very much expect me to be.
I was proud and confident
the world was below my feet.
I thought things would never end
but alas!
a very strong wind blew me off course.

And I fell on the ground,
tumbled like a dead trunk.
They never taught me how to land,
much more how to survive a crash-land.
The fall broke my wings
and left me big gaping wounds.
My heart is beating, I yearn to survive.
my spirit wants me to fly,
but no matter how I try to flap
my wings,
I still cannot leave the ground,
the once proud bird I was
is no more,
soul-empty, dignity loss
in front of everyone

I have become an eagle without wings.

No comments: