This is heaven for me. If ever heavens really exist, I would like to see myself being there in that setting.
---
For days now, I've been trying to finish the book The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. It was lent to me by my sister weeks before dad passed away. As a habit, I read books to fight boredom. I've been reading the book while waiting for papers to be processed when I was in City Hall. It has also been my companion for healing, and accepting that somehow, dad is already in a journey to find the answers that will unveil the story of his life.
---
The book is about the story of how Eddie, an amusement park mechanic who died of a ride accident meets 5 people in heaven that holds some key moments in his life. They teaches him some basic facts about living and dying, of forgiveness and finally the revelation that everything that happens in our life has always an underlying purpose.
Halfway through the book, I begin to understand the reasons why things happen. In fact, the book has served as a reminder for me to let go and move on towards my own way of finding a sense of purpose.
If only, what was written in the book reflects on how we see the heavens... at least, in reincarnation, a life would be revealed before it begins another cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment