Monday, May 2, 2005

Midsummer Night's Joke

I find the news quite fascinating and tear jerking these past few days.

On labor day's eve, a bomb was discovered at the main office of the Department of Interior and Local Government. The police investigators claimed that it was clearly the handiwork of those groups who wanted to overthrow the government...

... if I know, it was the government who planted those bombs. It was intended as a diversion for a big demonstration set by the opposition and the leftist group the following day. I guess, this is what you call scaring the hell out of you in front of the mirror. I am sure at this point that the next bomb the police will find is on the gates of Malacanang itself. Maybe, the "perpetrators" would allow it to explode... and probably take some casualties with it so that GMA herself can...

and will declare Martial Law! Yehey!!!

A man was mugged by the protesters during the Labor Day demonstration at Liwasang Bonifacio after they discovered that he was taking video footages of the leaders of the leftist movement. It was later found out that the agent belongs to the intelligence division of the military...

... if I was there, I would have stirred the protesters that that man should be burned alive side by side with the effigy of GMA. I think the military has gone overboard this time. I wasn't born during the height of the Martial Law during Marcos, but I guess its a clear and direct violation of the right to air one's expression and frustration against the leadership of the current administration.

There were again talks of destabilization (for the nth time of course!) against the Arroyo administration. The ringleader this time is non other than the former defense secretary Avelino Abbas. Now, the government is accusing Abbas of inciting to sedition and they are planning to file a case against him...

... now, the little girl from Malacanang is crying wolf again. How many times would they tell the nation that they are under the threat of being overthrown by some group of people. I doubt if it was really true, or another malicious script from the government once again. The truth is, almost everyone wants to see the Arroyo be booted out of the office, the problem however is who would then lead the government and its restoration after it has succeded.

---

I saw it in the news this evening. Hundreds of Eraps supporters were flushed out of Luneta this afternoon. The police said that these people are there to make "gulo" or something like that during Dona Mary Estrada's birthday. Mom and I made a remark while watching the news because of the reporters comment on why those people were being dragged by the police and why there were so many police personnel in the area. "kaya daw kinalat ang mga pulis sa area ay dahil prinoprotektahan lang nila si dating pangulong Erap...

Mom just uttered the word "ulol" after we heard the reporter. The fact that GMA is very much afraid of Erap nowadays has put some doubts on how the news is being twisted by the media today. Bakit hindi na lang nila sabihin na kaya nandun ang mga pulis ay dahil baka mauwi sa isang political rally ang event ng birthday ni Donya Mary.

---

Have you noticed that fantaseryes have sprouted like mushrooms on the TV screen? Wala lang, nakakapagtaka why those soap opera flicks get high ratings when in fact, the stories are somehow shallow, and the special effects being used is quite mediocre. Is it that people are so being used to the hardships everyone is experiencing already, that they have already resorted to fantasy-like escapism this time?

Imagine, from Marina to Krystala to Mulawin, to Spirits then Darna and Engkantasia something then it will be followed by Panday and Kapanerang Kuba, my God, when will this fantaseryes end?

Baka next time dahil sa todo todong fantaserye and Koreanovela bombardment ang nakaspread sa primetime, mabalitaan ko na lang sa TV na pati si Gloria Macapagal Arroyo eh ibalitang engkantada na rin na magsta-state visit sa North Korea para humingi ng assistance sa paggawa ng Nuclear Missle kay Kim Jong Il. O kaya some cabinet officials eh lumabas sa mga tabloids bilang isang manananggal or aswang or some other lamang lupa the folklore tradition would often speak about.

Kelan kaya, mauuso ang mga UFOs ulit?

---

And so, I found myself looking at the pictures of guys in Downelink again.

I just can't help but admire, how some guys would be so much goodlooking and living a happy and conyo life while others force themselves to live on budgeted 200 peso daily allowance.

How come some guys can afford to hang around malls, hang around coffee shops, hang around bars, and hang around some friend's pad while others go home immediately after work to save the money they earned for that day.

But in fairness, Downelink made me missed my college days again.

I miss the days when I would join a roadtrip together with my partymates and we would end up at Kelly Heights in Antipolo, looking at the slumbering city below. The city lights, blinking in the distance.

I miss the days when I was actully slimmer before. Who would have thought that I was still slim that time, compared to the massiveness of my body today. Although, I found the suitable photo-genic angles that suits me, I avoid become too narcisstic about myself.

It's actually good that put myself down sometimes, especially now that I am engrossed, if not addicted in DL. After all, I am not single... and that website should just be a way to connect myself to people who have found a way to communicate and interact with me.

---

Tomorrow remains a day of uncertainty.

I just feel that I don't want to go to work anymore.

I simply want my freedom to do what I want with my career life back.

No comments: