Monday, November 1, 2004

Black Party Afterthoughts

I was about to dedicate this post about what happened to me and phanks on the eve of the Black Party but somehow along the way, I got loss for words on how I'd like to express my thoughts.

But anyway,

We were there hours before the party started. We even joined the ODDERs in District Bar before Phanks had completely bored himself staring at everyone and trying to relate to our conversations.

That night, he was complaining about his allergy, so I guess he's not really in the mood to go to the event. However, realizing how important the Black Party was, I insisted that we should at least check it out and leave early if ever he doesn't enjoy the crowd. But seeing him tired and bored and trying to relate as everyone talk made me decide that we should check out the crowd for a while and leave the guys with their business.

But on our way to Orosa, he asked me if we could go home.

Since I was already suffering from work fatigue, we decided to leave the scene and hailed a cab that will bring us home.

But of course, couples like us don't sleep when we chanced ourselves in one bed.

Let's say, we almost spent more time that night... humping around than resting our bodies. So leaving Temalats was a good trade-off, I thought. It's alright to wait for another seven months for the White Party and since I already domesticated, those gigs aren't really for me already.

We had a great night together and I'm sure, even if phanks had a little sleep that night,

his sleep was deep and peaceful one.

---

Whenever I read some post from single guys, I cannot help but remember the time when I was single too.

Well dudes, my single life was wild and dangerous one. It was so slutty that I had to put a monicker to my PEx handle before - Darkstar.

Darkstar was a rebel, the opposite of my contemplating and compassionate self.

But sometimes, when I feel threatened or insecure about my relationship, the first thing that comes into my mind is thinking about him - us. Sabagay, Darkstar was unforgiving and notorious. I'd remember him spending an entire night in Mint/Mr. P just for the purpose and thrill of being taken home by someone he just met...

A lot of things happened during those times - especially during the last weeks before I met phanks for the first time in YG. Minsan nakakamiss rin yung thrill at yung excitement ng pagiging ganun... since you don't have to answer to anyone, hawak mo ang buong kalibugan mo.

I don't know, despite my thoughts and seeming readiness to jump into that mode again, I'm not so sure if my physical and emotional attributes can sustain me with that lifestyle. In fact, whenever things are shaky between me and my bud, no matter how I try to protect myself with such thoughts, my fear would always be how to survive a break-up, especially with one you have spend an entire fortune of emotions just to build and make it a strong one.

Pero let's just reserve those thoughts for another time. Bakit nga ba napunta dun ang mode ng blog ko?

But seriously, when I read chris' aka boi-bitch blog this afternoon, his entries these past few days made me remember my own time. In fact, the thought has penetrated deep into my subconciousness - into my dreams already.

Before, even in my dreams, I would dodge someone I am tempted with.

In last fridays dream, all I could remember is letting go and make it happen. (since he was my frustration).

---

But anyway, we don't know what happens in life. Despite our relative stability and long-term views, I might end up with someone else in the future. For now, I'd like to enjoy the feeling of being domesticated.

Sometimes, despite how colorful life is out there, one would somehow still feel very lonely after all the lights and music went out.

Sex is just sex, and that could be availed 24-7.

But true love comes only several times in one lifetime.

No comments: