Thursday, November 18, 2004

Gloryhole

I'm still working... here... for already 12 hours.



A few weeks ago, I would have cried foul and exploitation.



But slowly as it may seems



I have somehow found a comfort zone by working as the sole researcher of the group.



For more than 14 hours everyday, the internet and the pc is my companion. I can go to countries and places even Phanks is not aware of. I am exposed to different non-profit organizations from Engineering Societies to Nurses Association somewhere in Estonia -



I think this is the closest thing I can substitute for a world tour.



---



I am tired, definitely. Stressed out, perhaps. But since they found a way to contain my rebellion;

My complaints and whinings were replaced by aspiring to reach self-imposed targets and work myself off until I am completely satisfied with my projections for the week.



When they asked me to do this new assignment, I was days away from passing my resignation letter. In fact, my relationship with the company right now remains a love-hate one. But since my work gave me access to internet, I realized that I will be closer to everyone than I ever thought possible here in the company.



So I will barely hold for now even if my job is completely suicidal. For some unexplainable reasons, I feel like time seems to pass so quickly. Perhaps as long as I have this light-speed access to the world and the avenue to apply the skills I learned from my course, I think I will

give adjustment a chance.



They say that once you've blended in, it would be harder for you to get out...



No comments: