Saturday, February 12, 2005

Blogger Note

I'm sorry guys if I haven't posted any entry for the past few days. My dad's passing somehow took words from me.

But before silence consumes phankspace again, I want to leave this poem I wrote back in college - at the height of Erap's impeachment trial.

This pages have seen all the angst and hatred I had for him. I've casted him in a bad light even at the last weeks of his life. This time, as a show of respect, and appreciation to the man,

This is for you dad. I'm sorry
I never had the chance to give this to you when you were still alive.

---

Toro X-Files


It was a miracle
when you finally
agreed to sign a cheque
for all our dues
after so many months
of openly pleading
and secretly revolting
against your erratic proclamations.

And it was an eternal bliss
when you surprised me
of paying the upgrading
of my pain-in-the-ass
computer especially now
that the storms are gathering
within our sight threatening
to bring destruction to those
who would resist the king -

like I, always been silent
to your irresponsibilities to us
to the point of bursting into flames.

Was it because of your whims
or it is a sign of...

I do not wish to think.

I browsed Toro
before I left the office
thinking you have gave-in
to the oppressive rulers
who pillaged our lands
to the point of breaking everything
apart.

But you were not bribed.

You may never know
how I praised the sun
or licked the immoral
pages of our life-giver today,
just to show how I look up
to the galaxies and tell the universe
how proud I am of you.

This fiery evening,
your blood once again pulsed
beneath my skin;
in my veins waking up
my sleeping self,
your forgotten self
ready to be unleashed
as soon as the call of arms
is needed to save tomorrow.

It's time to wake up.

But
before everything is ready
to stand by your side,
Mom told me that the dark
forces are following your steps
ready to silence you once and for all.

May God protect you
in the most vigilant of times.

I will follow you soon.

No comments: