Thursday, December 2, 2004

Waking Aftermath

I slept through the whole storm.



I was really anticipating that power would be interrupted last night, but I think it never did. There were just some several flickers but that's it. It never really did go out... or was I sleeping that why I never knew?



The wind was howling shortly after I closed my eyes, as I've said, the steel support of my window was turning violent but it didn't wake me up. I was sleeping soundly, and the sounds

of silence never penetrated my dreams.



I don't wanna sound disappointed, but personally, it didn't just manifested the way I expected. I did overcalculate things this time... or probably we're just very lucky, Yoyong has changed its direction.



The destruction and loss will just show days after this storm left. Right now, some small bits of news are being flashed on TV - but completing its puzzle would take days.



Tired from all those preparation and anticipation, I think I would just rest my body right now. My colleagues did report to work today, and I should have been, if mom allowed me to leave. However, I am already late since we didn't set our alarm clock last night. We were, after all

geared for the worst.



We were simply expecting time would stop.





No comments: