Saturday, September 17, 2005

Kapatid

It is something worth remembering once again...

You agreed to meet me one afternoon, and I came at the place we have agreed upon. You don't have any mobile phone yet so we have to exert more effort to synchronize our eyeball. You said you were wearing a brown polo. I forgot what I wore that day.

And it was, the dawn of our homosexuality. I had just accepted myself months before and as my instincts told me, I should spread the enlightenment Papu had told me. You were cool about it so there we were, marking down history that would become what is today.

The sun was setting over the Sunken Garden. I was waiting for you. I wasn't even aware that you were already there walking around me. I just knew for the fact that you are a chinese-looking student. The smell of freshly cut grass emanates in the air, suddenly a guy decided to lie down on the grass and the sun shone brightly on his face.

I didn't remember how did I approach the guy but it was you all along.

That meeting we had is a past worth cherishing tonight.

---

The invitation was circulated days before tonight.

We were talking about your birthday last week: We were even having YM conferences about it. I know, you felt that we seemed not to take your invitation seriously. As you suggested before, nobody confirmed to you: everybody seemed to be watching.

But we knew all along that this is a moment to be celebrated. After all, you are one of the pillars of the brotherhood.

After the pre-party bash we had last night, we knew this is something. Everybody we knew was going and you will be the first among us to witness the gathering of a mighty contingent after the Christmas Party last year.

And so, it did happened.

The intended meet up was at Jollibee at 9 PM tonight. Even though I was one of the organizers, I never really thought that others would also spread the word. I just knew everybody was flexing their tendons to make sure everybody was informed.

Never did I realize that it was something mighty, like the one we have seen today.

---

I swear, ours could fill a single jeep alone.

Imagine twenty guys walking along Megamall, like having a sort of procession or something.
We even took batches to arrive at your party just to ensure that the personell at the lobby wouldn't notice how big our group was.

And I know in my heart that you were surprised with the outcome of your invitation. After all, you were even worried that nobody would come along.

I recieved your text message this afternoon...

Although I spent much of my time hanging out with your buddy's friends. I knew it was a time of renewing my bonds with our fellow brothers. Not all of them comes whenever we meet on Fridays.

But suffice to say, it was a roof raiser. I even told Papu how small beginnings end up massively like this.

And I know, everybody was delighted to see each other once again.

It's been months since we did this kind of celebration

and the Paragon Contingent would always be a reminder that we had an absolutely wonderful past.

---

And to rephrase what Garppp had said two weeks ago when we saw each other at Papu's place: No matter how rarely we meet nowadays, the foundations are deep enough not to let our strong, sturdy monument to our friendship collapse.

It would always stand proudly where it is.

It's just a matter of time and place where to offer our praises and remembrances to that monument we have built.

And for all the best times and worse times kapatid. This celebration is for you and for us.

May you always find happiness, now that you've almost have all.

Happy Birthday.

We're so very proud of you Kirsh.

No comments: