Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Knowing Thyself

Its been almost a week since I started my training and at this moment, I am slowly adapting.

Unlike during the first few days, my horniness level has decreased significantly. I am no longer thinking about SEBs and threesomes and some wild afternoon and nasty encounters with someone in the local chatrooms after I left the building. And also, the boner episodes I had at the floor gradually decreased as time progresses.

Still, there were some shortcomings on my part. The QA in Australia sent me a warning yesterday after I engaged in a littly "sexy" talk with a minor. All I've said was about giving breast milk to him and our imaginary kid. But it exploded into an issue, which almost cost me my beloved job.

However, my boss here in Manila assured me that everything is alright. After all, I've been engaging in sex talks most of the time so I can't really tell one from another. Today, I tried my best to stay focus on the job and avoid those pitfalls that happened yesterday.

---

During the depression of the moment, I decided to send a text message to Sir Ted just to make my presence felt. He used to be my supervisor during my 6-month stint in advertising.

Actually, its been almost two years since I left that career, but our communication lines remained strong throughout the years. Sir Ted replied. He was inviting me to become my former ad agency's PR writer again, which I politely declined.

After all, he was not connected with them anymore and the strongest reason why I would be willing to exchange whatever career I have for that piece of pie again is because of him.

After two years, a part of me is still following Sir Ted's footsteps.

---

I realized that in whatever career I take, my strongest reason to remain with the company and enjoy my work depends on the people I am working with.

Back at the ad agency, I was earning a little more than 3-5K a month but I was extremely enjoying it. The team, which comprises me, Arrjae and Sir Ted - all princesses of course, have managed to run the PR department efficiently and effectively.

Of course, it took months before I have completely adjusted to their environment, but in the end, I enjoyed every moment of it.

---

It was also the scene during my last few months with SENCOR. I was so bonded with my lesbian-in-closet supervisor, that I never exchanged my hellish job with a far more better career because somehow, I am enjoying her company.

Too bad, dad died which abruptly ended my contract with them.

---

I think Im not really into the compensation. I think that I tend to gravitate with regards to my consideration in accepting a job offer if I work with a group that at least could allow me some connection with the people Im working with.

I bet, if ever I will work for someone again in the near future, probably I would work best with a lady superior officer, or much better, an approachable PLU boss, that complements with the lifestyle and mindset I have.

Because, I feel that when I have to work for someone who shares the same blood with me, we are actually proving something not just to the company, but to the entire universe as well:

---



That PLUs are superior than ordinary straight men.



---

Yesterday, Sir Ted and I met. We went to the ad agency because he had a meeting with the director.

After that, he told me to expect a call from him. He wants me to become his freelance PR writer because he believed that he is much more comfortable working with me than with anyone else.

Which reminded me of a time, when I was the one eager to carry those huge give aways he prepared to lifestyle editors, when there were messengers who could do it for me;

Which reminded me of how Arrjae and I worked as partners for a PR campaign we have to present to a client.

Ahhh... those were the fabulous days.

---

As my life goes, I think that I will have the best time of my life if I could become a lifestyle writer for a magazine or broadsheet. I never wanted to be a hard news reporter. I had the chance of my life when I was asked to report back to Manila Times after I graduated.

Too bad, I was so engrossed with the publications when they called me.

If not a writer for lifestyle papers, my second option is to become involved in advertising. The PR job allowed me to have a taste of what it can offer to make my life more glamourous and fabulous as ever. If I would become part of the right people of course.

I had my chance 2 years ago. Unfortunately, it wont happen again with the ad agency since they are, like many businesses in the country, are in the red right now.

Of course, my biggest factor would be the people I would be working with. I can always find a new job if I would have problems with my officer.

---

Anyway, the brief encounter I had last night with the advertising and PR world is one hell of a good vibes!

It temporarily allowed me to forget that,

Fuck, I am an international cyber-slut.

No comments: