In Three Years Alone...
March 16, 2002.
I was still in college. I have a girlfriend, a group of straight guys and a quiet life geared up and groomed to take the place of my dad one day in running our publication business. Life was easier and less painful during those days. I just have to look after my life, and things will simply pass by, me barely noticing it.
March 16, 2003
I was at the height of my second "wild days" episode. Just broke up with my first lover a month before. My life revolves around Malate - Mister Piggy's and Mint to be exact. SEBs come and go... and this was the time when I find myself chatting somewhere in Morayta looking for casuals at 2 am in the morning.
March 16, 2004
Just returned to help my dad run the family business. This time, I was second in command. It was an election year and things are somehow hyped up. Business, was rather brisky during these days, and I was earning a lot from my relatively easy work. Things looked promising then. I was at the height of everything...
March 16, 2005
Looking back a year ago, I find myself back at the same chair, at the same room, and working with the same people. Things haven't changed that much. Except that dad wasn't there anymore. Somehow, I am the one running the show (save for my dad's younger sister who manages the operation). But in the editorial arena, I am the one working things on my own. Sometimes, when I look back at how fast things change, I secretly wished that I have allowed more time to enjoy more.
When I look back, I've realize that between discovering how to party and socialize and taking over a big responsibility - bigger than most guys I know... the freedom to enjoy one's life exclusively falls almost at a period equal to just a single blink of an eye.
The Techno Revolution, Unnoticed
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment