On the 31st, I am planning to pass my resignation letter .
After six months of being partly employed in the advertising agency, I think, I would have to surrender my priviledges and distinction of being their freelance writer.
I was already planning to do this weeks ago - after I did my worse performance in that company so far. I know, my habits are terribly unacceptable. Who would employ someone who'd sleep for three hours in the office when everyone is busy. Yeah, I did it sooo many times. I was eagerly waiting for work till the slump came in... and then you'll find me in the table sleeping.
On my verbal contract, I have to go to the office every mondays, wednesdays and fridays. But in the past few months, I just go there when I wanted to. The routine of the office work had completely been broken. I was just waiting for the bomb to explode, and it will do so in several weeks time.
You see, the company hired some new employees - Advertising Executives (AEs), Copywriters etc. And they are formidable employees. When I compare my pathetic writing skills and terrible work habit with them, I would be booted out in an instant.
Magaling lang talaga ako makibagay at makisama sa mga tao kaya hindi ako nakakarinig basta basta ng reklamo.
A co-worker told me this afternoon that they had a meeting last friday. I was absent then so the heat was directed on me, and arrjae too, who was also absent that day. We're the primadonnas of the PR department - we just go to work when we wanted to.
My co-worker told me that they would be observing our performances, and will choose between one of us when the day comes (since they have a lot of other writers already). With what I've been doing (and the improvements he had done this past week), I know, I will be casted out when the judgement day comes.
Maybe I am doing this to save my ass from the humiliation... No I am doing this to save a friend from extinction.
You see, despite my extremely disappointing work habit, I've established myself as the reliable guy. I never failed them during deadlines, and when they asked me to come over, I make my presence felt despite the demands of my other jobs. Time and again, I am giving him a chance to fullfill his career. We've been talking about this from day one - that he has a lot of potentials if he would just focus on his work.
And I think he's doing it already... just a little push and there he goes into the limelight...
As for me, I am happy with what I have achieved so far. I never wanted a career growth on this - considering that an empire is waiting for me somewhere... and is in need of my full attention. They would surely be relieved if this news would reach them but for now, I'll just keep my silence.
Ending my services to Infinite Ideas is a very difficult and painful decision to do. It would rob me of my only source of security and stability, and at the same time, I would really miss all the beautiful and gorgeous people I've met there. I may have never recieved that kind of money I was expecting from the company, but the lessons on life and humility they taught me is invaluable.
To the person I've been looking up to when it comes to this job field. I hope my sacrifice would never end in vain. You have a bright career ahead of you, if you would just focus your energies on this. You have sacrificed enough just to be in this career so here I am, giving everything away for you.
May we achieve our dreams... and please, be a little more discreet when I'm gone.
pinapaganda niyo ako ni Sir Ted eh... :)
After six months of being partly employed in the advertising agency, I think, I would have to surrender my priviledges and distinction of being their freelance writer.
I was already planning to do this weeks ago - after I did my worse performance in that company so far. I know, my habits are terribly unacceptable. Who would employ someone who'd sleep for three hours in the office when everyone is busy. Yeah, I did it sooo many times. I was eagerly waiting for work till the slump came in... and then you'll find me in the table sleeping.
On my verbal contract, I have to go to the office every mondays, wednesdays and fridays. But in the past few months, I just go there when I wanted to. The routine of the office work had completely been broken. I was just waiting for the bomb to explode, and it will do so in several weeks time.
You see, the company hired some new employees - Advertising Executives (AEs), Copywriters etc. And they are formidable employees. When I compare my pathetic writing skills and terrible work habit with them, I would be booted out in an instant.
Magaling lang talaga ako makibagay at makisama sa mga tao kaya hindi ako nakakarinig basta basta ng reklamo.
A co-worker told me this afternoon that they had a meeting last friday. I was absent then so the heat was directed on me, and arrjae too, who was also absent that day. We're the primadonnas of the PR department - we just go to work when we wanted to.
My co-worker told me that they would be observing our performances, and will choose between one of us when the day comes (since they have a lot of other writers already). With what I've been doing (and the improvements he had done this past week), I know, I will be casted out when the judgement day comes.
Maybe I am doing this to save my ass from the humiliation... No I am doing this to save a friend from extinction.
You see, despite my extremely disappointing work habit, I've established myself as the reliable guy. I never failed them during deadlines, and when they asked me to come over, I make my presence felt despite the demands of my other jobs. Time and again, I am giving him a chance to fullfill his career. We've been talking about this from day one - that he has a lot of potentials if he would just focus on his work.
And I think he's doing it already... just a little push and there he goes into the limelight...
As for me, I am happy with what I have achieved so far. I never wanted a career growth on this - considering that an empire is waiting for me somewhere... and is in need of my full attention. They would surely be relieved if this news would reach them but for now, I'll just keep my silence.
Ending my services to Infinite Ideas is a very difficult and painful decision to do. It would rob me of my only source of security and stability, and at the same time, I would really miss all the beautiful and gorgeous people I've met there. I may have never recieved that kind of money I was expecting from the company, but the lessons on life and humility they taught me is invaluable.
To the person I've been looking up to when it comes to this job field. I hope my sacrifice would never end in vain. You have a bright career ahead of you, if you would just focus your energies on this. You have sacrificed enough just to be in this career so here I am, giving everything away for you.
May we achieve our dreams... and please, be a little more discreet when I'm gone.
pinapaganda niyo ako ni Sir Ted eh... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment