Friday, July 30, 2004

Back to Zero

It was a very long time since I accessed my blog. So many things have already happened... So many wrong decisions already done.

After waiting for 1 month for my anticipated final interview at West, they would eventually fail me in that interview. For all I know, I showed my best. I was confident when I answered their questions... I prepared for it - the only interview I did so.

But they didn't passed me.

---

Frustrated and severely disappointed, I lost all my interest in working in EPAC. Outbound Call Center, isn't really for me I guess.

In fact, I would have already cut my work during waps departure for the US, but I just knew I can't do so because there are so many people who would notice my escape. I gave myself a night to improve my performance but...

That night, I didn't even make a single transfer.

---

Although I believe that my overall performance is still good. Unlike some of my co-trainees who were asked by the managers regarding their developments that night. So far, I had the potentials, and it was seen through my capacity to deliver my presentation on the phone. But you know what, at that moment, all I saw was a loosing battle. I may have survived another night, but when I see that a quarter of my co-trainees had already closed accounts, the pressure becomes to much unbearable to manage.

It was my own guilt and embarrassment why I decided not to go to work last night. EPAC is wasting a great deal of money to make my calls, but I never gave them even a single transfer. Better move on and find my new destiny, rather than live a nightmarish life in pressure and guilt.

---

So far, I began my new attempts of finding a new call center today. And for some unexplainable reasons, it seems that its harder to pass an initial interview than when I wasn't this confident when being interviewed by the recruiter.

Actually, I feel like this is a loosing battle. I have already lost count of the call centers I've applied since last month. At least, everything seems fine at home and from what my mom said this morning,

Dad has come to his senses. Before, all I was asking is for him to look for his own empire too, and not to entrust it to someone else, even to his own son. Now that he's all alone, he's force to look and monitor everything that is happening to his business.

---

So far, the storms had subsided for a while. I just hope it would not come again in the near future.

Despite my most tragic termination, I did learn a lot of things from EPAC. Ever since I started my training there, I could use my oral and written communication skill side by side already. Before, my oral skills were always hampered by my inhibitions. After speaking to hundreds of Americans every night, those inhibitions had completely vanished.

Going back to zero is an extremely painful experience. It's like investing a substantial amount of time, effort and money, never to return to your pockets ever again.

No comments: